Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pod562

Which Monitor

I am about to invest in a new monitor in anticiaption of the new MD11 and I could do with some advice.I would like to get a 22" monitor but what resolution and refresh rates should I be looking for? Anything else I should think about?Thanks.Pod

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just to clarify, I want to know what the minimum resolution I should buy to get acceptable results with the MD11 in FSX or FS9?Anyone?Pod.

>Just to clarify, I want to know what the minimum resolution I>should buy to get acceptable results with the MD11 in FSX or>FS9?>>Anyone?>>Pod.HiA 22inch monitor will most likely have a 1680x1050 widescreen resolution. Refresh rate around 60 should be more than enough. Also important would be DVI (and HDMI) inputs and a decent refresh rate (5ms or lower). Samsung make some excellent screens at decent prices.An increase in screen resolution will put additional load on your graphics card. Nvidia 8800GTX/9800GTX would be considered a minimum for a 22inch screen.All the bestKonrad

Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to get the HP w2207h - Flat panel display - TFT - 22". I like the adjustable height. The resolution is exactly as you say, hopefully this is enough to look good with the new MD11.CheersPod