Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valepor

KBUR short runways

Guest Valepor

Dear friends:Have you flown the PMDG 737-800 next generation to short runways? Well, i flew it to KBUR last sunday. I had no problem with the landing, but i still can not leave this airport, because the plane doesn't accelerate fastly and the take-off roll is very slow. Moreover, the airspeed indicator moves three or four seconds after the plane does. Question, any suggestion or comments on how to resolve this situation?Regards, ;)

I believe SWA flys 700's into KBUR, but the 800 should be able to get in and out (6886 ft) if below about 180k lbs at 30C (see table pg 1-14 in AOM). Is this location the only place you have problems with T/O acceleration? Be sure you are not derating the thrust.Please sign you name in this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,The 737 handles short runways alright, try your take off with more flaps, 15 instead of 5 for example.

I am not at home to read the manual but check this:Make sure you only have 5 degrees of flaps applied. You can hold down your brakes and apply max N1 allowed by hitting the TOGA button which is a click point over the top right screw which I think is just to the right of the BARO control (from memory). Your thrust will at first build up slowly but you can hold the brakes maybe until 55%. This is normal spool up from idle lag. Release the brakes. Your N1 light should be on. It is normal to hold brakes or parking brake until the engines spool up from idle somewhat so runway is not wasted on spool-up lag and power has built up to overcome the initial inertia to get moving as quickly as possible. The shorter the runway (adjusted for temperature and airport altitude to compensate for thinner air) the more you hold brakes. The lag reduces significantly as your N1 increases.Note how fast the thrust builds and the percent N1 it tops at. If not at around 99 percent something might not have been set correctly on your takeoff or N1 FMC page.IAS does not read correctly when you first roll although it should not take four or five seconds.In the FMC takeoff page (init ref/index/takeoff) make sure you have setup your runway and LSK'd the V speeds. Your ground ambient temp should match your weather.Make sure any drag inducing devices are stowed. Nothing open or hanging, spoilers stowed.You should not be hearing the takeoff configuration horn blasting as soon as you apply power. If so, something is incorrect in your setup.As Dan stated, make sure your fuel (and cargo/passenger)load does not exceed the MTGW (mean takeoff gross weight) for the runway length and ambient temperatures. Take into account any runway surface conditions that might slow takeoff acceleration. Your altitude is only roughly 800 MSL so that should not significantly impact takeoff performance.