Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrjs

Touch and go

hi,in order to get used to the md11 i want to perform during my first flights a series of touch and go's. i couldn't find this type of approach described in the FCOM (please correct me if i'm wrong). how do you execute a touch and go the right way. i think ont the fokker you don't arm the spoilers, because after spoiler-deployment you have to full stop. but do you press "go around" after touch down or do you push "autoflight" for the ATS to engage again? maybe you have to set the throttles manually?maybe somebody could explain it!thanks in advance,chrjs,(christopher volle)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,>> i think ont the fokker you don't arm the spoilers, because after >> spoiler-deployment you have to full stop.This is incorrect. If you deploy reverse, then you are committed to stopping, but spoilers will auto-retract on TOGA, so there is no problem. :) If you pulled the speed-brake, you simply stow it after applying TOGA (can't remember if it auto-retracts on GA, too, when the TOGA triggers are pulled?).MD-11 FCOM, Page PT.30.7:CAUTION: Pitch rate in excess of 3.8

ouups, sure you're right,it was the reverse, not the spoilers... i will try thatthanks...chrjschristopher volle