Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mfrantz

MD-11 Autothrottle disconnect key?

James,Give us some details on the PMDG keys assignment problem so that we can investigate this.What is your operating system (XP, Vista)? What key combination you tried to assign, and how? Did the assigned key combination showed on the PMDG keyboard command menu or not? In the FSX installation directory there is a PMDG folder. Do you see a PMDG_MD11_Kbd.ini file there? Is the assignment you tried to add listed in this file (open it with notepad)?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Look like I'm the first one to not understand something :-)How do I program the Autothrottle disconnect key?I can disconnect the autothrottles by opening the forward pedestal and pressing either of the Autothrottle Disconnect buttons, which are on thrust levers 1 & 3.I tried using the PMDG/Keyboard Commands... menu to assign a key to Throttles/Disengage ATS but that didn't seem to work.In fact, after doing a bit of checking, it appears that none of the PMDG/Keyboard command assignments seem to work - I just tried assigning the same key to Tottle Overhead Panel and that didn't work. D'oh...?James Butler

Michael,Many thanks for your quick reply.More info. for you:System is Vista with latest SP & patches. I run FSX as an ordinary user, not as Administrator.Key assignment was ctrl-shift-pAssigned key did show on the PMDG command menu, but it was not in the PMDG_MD11_Kbd.ini file.However: I then tried running FSX as Administrator.Trying to assign a key in the PMDG command menu crashed FSX.I then re-ran FSX as an ordinary user, assigned the ctrl-shift-p key, and now it works.This leads me to suspect that the issue may be a permissions problem on the PMDG_MD11_Kbd.ini file, as the owner of the PMDG_MD11_Kbd.ini file has been changed to be my usual (Non-Administrator) user, not Administrator.Cheers!James Butler

Hi Michael,OS: Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (ENGLISH VERSION)Key Combination: Any printable ASCII character, with/without modifiersKey combination does show correctly.Yes, the file exists. File contents follow delimited by ======[AFS][Throttles][Cockpit && Cabin Lights]Cabin Lights=,===The last line is empty.The key assignment is INCORRECT (currently not assigned; state shows correctly in FSX).*** UAC IS DISABLED / LOGGED IN USER IS ADMINISTRATOR ***Best regards,Robin.