Sign in to follow this  
mehepsk

Having a slight problem with the new MD-11

Hi,I just bought the MD-11, but I've had some slight issues with it..1. Spoiler and Flaps axis is reversed compared to all other fsx planes I have, including the default ones...? I have to reverse the axis whenever I switch to the md-11.. Not a big deal, but it is kinda weird that it uses reversed axis compared to all other planes? Is there an option to reverse the axis just in the pmdg md-11?2. Throttles jumps to full and idle and anywhere between rapidly when using ATS. Instead of staying at a setting to keep the speed/accelerate/decelerate, it jumps all over the place and gives an average that is perfectly fine. The speed stays still, but the throttles jumps.. The same thing happens to the yokes in VC.. But the plane does not fly smooth, it is almost like flying in turbulence with the nose pitching up and down fast.. Again, the average of this behaviour gives a fairly good result, but it's not pretty to watch this erratic behaviour. Please note that this does not happen on every flight! It has happened on about 1/5 of my flights so far.. When this happens, the config which displays the aileron and elevators, only shows the right elevator moving when I push or pull the stick. If I view the elevators from external view, the entire right elevator moves, but only the outer most elevator moves on the left side..?And yes, I have advanced animations enabled:P3. Not really a problem, but I find flying in VC is kinda ineffecient compared to the 2D panel where overhead and pedestal is easily reached with the shortcuts, but in the VC, I have to press A numerous times just to get to the overhead panel, and cannot reach the bottom of the pedestal without going to the 2D panel.. Is there some shortcuts I've missed? or is it possible to remove the shift+2 etc and make them open the 2d overhead and pedestal instead of the different 2D forward views? 4. Autopilot disconnects in cruise after some time... This happens again when I enable it again... Could be joystick related, but I have never had this problem with any other addon before, and I have set the option to not allow override or what it does in options under joystick.. This does not seem to work though, if I move the joystick, the autopilot disconnects?I AM very happy with the md-11, even though it might not seems like it in my post:PThanks for the best fsx addon by far!EDIT: Nevermind question 3.. I found the keyboard shortcut option:P Sorry about that!Erik Simonsen

Read the Introduction .pdf in the docs folder. There is a peice in the options programing about joystick and/or throttle overriding the autopilot. You might have this enabled so hitting your joystick or if your stick is spiking it shutting off the autopilot.As for the spoiler and flap axis check the settings in FSX against any joystick programming you might have in your stick. As for problem 2 haven't seen that so far.Chuck Harris

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Hi Erik:1. There was a post, but i've searched for abou 15 Mins and give up. If you have FSUIPC, this is a simple fix as you can reverse axis for the aircraft on an individual basis.PMDG are aware of the problem however. It was a result of fixing something else, and in reflecting the reversal of the axis, they reversed the reversal :-hmmm (er - Michael explained it far better) They are working on it - in the meantime, your workaround will have to do.EDIT: Found the thread for you http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=156762&page=4 - Cheers2. Could be related to thishttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=156922&page=3Cant say i've noticed the throttle / Yoke isseu with it though. I did have some bizarre stalls and speed issues on my EGKK/KATL trip yesterday that i out down to sudden massive wind shifts (havent yet sorted out my FSUIPC wind smoothing) i also found that setting the thrust limit tp CLB in the cruise helps get around that.3. Keyboard shortcuts, as you have already found, are your friend. Worth mentioning that there is a bug that is causing the Arm Spoilers key command to not show up in the list - They working on it.4. Pass. Ask me another! ;) Not sure about this. Time for someone far wiser in the ways of these things than i am to jump in.CheersPaul

Erik,1. We will fix that. We have incorporated the reverse nature of these controls in their fucntionality, so that you don't have to tick the "reverse" box in the FS controls menu (or FSUIPC). Since however this is required for other aircraft, we will change that in the next update. 2. This looks like a hydraulics issue. Next time this happens, can you check the Hydraulics SD page and see if you have sufficient pressure in all 3 systems? 3. Keyboard shortcuts are provided in the PMDG menu that will allow you to access any window in both 2D and VC view. There is no need to ever use the FS instruments menu, or the shift+1,2.. keys to open a window.4. The autopilot SHOULD disconnect if you move the joystic beyond a certain limit. This is how it works. This applies even if you have selected the "never override" option. It should not disconnect for small movements of the joystic, only for a large movements. If this happens for small movements or even if you don't move the joystic at all, this could be a calibration issue, or the joystic sending some "noise" signals. Try to calibrate it and test again.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg