Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

FMS Doesn't Like EHAM/EHAM Route

Hi,The FMS has a problem computing EHAM/EHAM, ILS RW06 APP, no STAR or other waypoints.For some reason, it appears to want to fly in a loop about 100 times, then fly to the waypoint. Further, it can't decide where to place the computed waypoints (T/C) and (T/D).Can anyone else re-create this? I'm using the supplied NAVDATA.With this same route, if you use the FCP modes to climb and fly a heading of due North, lightly loaded with an altitude of FL430, it doesn't like that either, and the AP modes go weird along with the speed mode and F-PLN (NOTE: **NOT** using PROF or FMS SPD).Thrust mode can't decide if it wants CRZ or CLB, and alternates between them approx. 50 times per second, the same for the speed bug on the PFD, along with (T/C) and (T/D) appearing and disappearing from the flight plan. Eventually it dumps the flight plan and the FMS loses the routing. It is not possible to re-program in flight (which I have successfully achieved in the past having flown a go-around at Heathrow without touching down first, after a 14 hour flight!).Any advice appreciated. I note that this FMS isn't the only one that seems to have problems with this kind of routing. There is something with the proximity of the aircraft with the waypoints that it doesn't like I think.You can't see it easily from this screenshot, but (T/D) keeps appearing/disappearing about once every couple of minutes. Let me know if you can't see the following image:md-11-fms.jpgIf you look at the ND, you'll see the very strange circular route.Best regards,Robin.

Hi,I entered a cruise level. I should be able to take off, fly manually around to the first waypoint (the start of the approach) and fly from there?Best regards,Robin.

Guest FrancoisH

For the FMS computation, you have to chose the RWY you'll use for departure... This will compute V1 VR and V2 and don't work if you do not make the choice. You may fly manually afterward and your FMC will be just set as you want it to be.Regards.

I've done a number of close traffic patterns at KIAH. I only used the FMS for V-speed calcs and set up approach from PP (current plane position). Most of the time I hand flew a visual approach. Anyway, KIAH/KIAH works, don't understand if you are expecting full automation or just trying to shoot an approach?

Dan Downs KCRP