Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSE

Thank you for an amazing sound environment

Guest TSE

Dear PMDG crewAfter a few offline training flights, clipping the fence at TNCM and several hundred airsick passengers, I'm finally back online with the MD11, currently crusing at FL370 down to OMDB on VATSIMSeveral aspects of the MD11 have already been praised, I agree with all of them and I'm extremly impressed by the overall product, however I want to especially thank those guys at PMDG who designed the sound set and sound environment for the MD11 - this is truly a piece of art, too.For the first time ever it feels like the real thing as there are no dominant engines howling or roaring while in cruise - very well done.As I have no plans to use FSX as my main platform (uninstalled day after purchase in October 06 - only reinstalled because I could not resist checking out the 11), I hope that you will be able to recreate the same amazing audio landscape in FS9 within the given limitations.Again - thank you PMDG - you have created something amazing here that raises the bar in many aspects.ThanksJoerg

Thanks to PMDG i have to build a new computer that can run it on FSX until the FS9 version comes out...

Oh - and to answer your question: The FS9 sounds in the cockpit will be very similar to the FSX version. The biggest difference between the two platforms will be the external view sounds because FS9 does not have the 3D surround technology which FSX has - apart from that everything else should be identical.Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.veryquiet.com/pics/sig_PMDG_MD11_DevTeam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest TSE

ArmenExcellent - you just made my day. (hmm, I'm happy with small things on Mondays :-)No problem for me if the external sounds differ a bit, it's the interior "sound stage" that makes all the difference for me and adds a lot of realsim to the overall product.I found myself sitting on the RWY and just spooling up and down a couple of times before T/O because it really sounds like in the real thing - this is as good as it gets.In addition, the sounds you created are perfect for online flights with ATC - I had the the tendency to mute FS sounds while in cruise and flying in a controlled area, but with the MD11, this is not necessary anymore.I hope you keep the same general approach on sounds for future products as well as at least for me, this is the new standard.There is just some small room for improvement: Get that FS9 bird rolling out of the hangar... :-)I'm too old for tweaking the FSX.cfg for 7812 hours to get 3 % more performance out of a 2-3 year old software that should be flying without today's hardware.ThanksJoerg

Guest XM DUDE

>Armen>>Excellent - you just made my day. (hmm, I'm happy with small>things on Mondays :-)>No problem for me if the external sounds differ a bit, it's>the interior "sound stage" that makes all the difference for>me and adds a lot of realsim to the overall product.>>I found myself sitting on the RWY and just spooling up and>down a couple of times before T/O because it really sounds>like in the real thing - this is as good as it gets.>In addition, the sounds you created are perfect for online>flights with ATC - I had the the tendency to mute FS sounds>while in cruise and flying in a controlled area, but with the>MD11, this is not necessary anymore.>>I hope you keep the same general approach on sounds for future>products as well as at least for me, this is the new>standard.>>There is just some small room for improvement: >Get that FS9 bird rolling out of the hangar... :-)>I'm too old for tweaking the FSX.cfg for 7812 hours to get 3 %>more performance out of a 2-3 year old software that should be>flying without today's hardware.>>Thanks>>Joerg>>I'm camping at the Marriot in Long Beach waiting for my MD-11.