Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DF9AA

MD11 wind entries

Hi,just a short question : how can I change the intitial wind entry ?at F-PLN INIT you enter i.e. -52/T or H xxx and this will be transferred into the ACT F-PLN for the WHOLE flight.BUT: winds are not average - they change on a long-haul flt frequently and I found no way to change the wind on the actual waypoint pages. . .I checked the manual, but neither at the FMS part or other part I could find an answer.Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Karl,There are several pages of the MCDU where you can enter detailed wind and temperature forecasts for various altitudes and waypoints along your route.Check the FMS manual:page 10.30 (Climb forecasts entry)page 40.48 (Descent forecast entry)For cruise waypoints entry is at the VERT REV page 2/2 (can't find the reference in the FMS manual, but it should be there somewhere)

Hi Michael,sorry to bother you, but anyway thanks for your quick reply.But bear in mind that the manuals have 1500+ pages - and a real world pilot has to attend 6 weeks ground course before even seeing a real airplane...and cockpit procedures trainer, then at least 30+ hrs sim sessions...The tutorial flight really helps a lot, but a short summary of ESSENTIAL and MUST HAVE/KNOW would really help to get going and then look up the manuals for further studies!BTW: The PMDG MD11 sim is astonishing real - even the voice of the computer-lady is absolutely indentical to the real MD11.I had 12 legs in the RW MD11-cockpit all the way to Far East, South America and to Alaska and I was really impressed about reality...Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg