Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

MD-11: Lights Don't Illuminate The Ground.

Hi all,Is it just me or do others not have taxi or landing lights illuminating the ground in front of them? I noticed this at several different airports over the past two days at it was especially hard to follow the taxi line. I can see the taxi light and landing lights when looking at the aricraft as well as the light-splash on the under-belly in front of the nose gear, but nothing on the ground.If I am the exception, could it be my current copy of the halo.bmp which causes this? Any thoughts are welcome.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>Hi all,>Is it just me or do others not have taxi or landing lights>illuminating the ground in front of them? I noticed this at>several different airports over the past two days at it was>especially hard to follow the taxi line. I can see the taxi>light and landing lights when looking at the aricraft as well>as the light-splash on the under-belly in front of the nose>gear, but nothing on the ground.>>If I am the exception, could it be my current copy of the>halo.bmp which causes this? Any thoughts are welcome.>>Regards,>>Replace the default spotlight.bmp with the orginal in your FSX/Texture folderOr if you have installed ASG restore backup :-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Thanks a bunch Andre, that's probably the ticket as I do use ASG. Will check that out as soon as I get home this evening.Ho hum, another long day waiting to get back and kick the dog some more, LOL... I am really starting to like the automation in the plane. Well done guys!

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks again Andre. Swapping back in the original spotlight.bmp did indeed fix the problem. I can now see the landing lights on the ground in front of me.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest viking7117

andre,i was facing the same problems with my landing lights not illuminating the runway however following your excellent advise i am now able to do so, i retstored my fsx textures however do i loose all the revelant asg graphics pertaining to runway lights as wellvivek

Guest Kimberly_RJ

HiI am going crazy or something...Where can I find the original file from? I can

>andre,>i was facing the same problems with my landing lights not>illuminating the runway however following your excellent>advise i am now able to do so, i retstored my fsx textures>however do i loose all the revelant asg graphics pertaining to>runway lights as well>vivekYes but what you could do is since ASG restored the original spotlight.bmp rename it to spotlight_backup.bmpThen reinstall your selections from ASG with the fault spotlight.bmp...Then deleted the spotlight.bmp and rename the spotlight_backup to spotlight.bmp :-)The spotlight.bmp can be found in you FSXTexture directory.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I have the same problem lately but it appears that something overwrote this file with a new spotlight file. I don't use ASG and was wondering how to get back the original file. Can it be found on the original FSX disks or is it downloadable from somewhere?Bill BarretteUnited-Virtual.com

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized