Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JETPETER1

How will MD-11 run on my XPS Gen2 Laptop?

Guest JETPETER1

I have a 3 year old xps gen 2 gamin laptop, with a Geforce 6800 ultra and 2 gig of ram that does me very well on fs9 and great on fsx, as long as I use default only aircraft. Any addon's I own like the Alphasim SR71 or Ariane 737-900NG have issues with stuttering and frame rates drop from my locked 25 (which holds great with awesome resolution on my 17" screen) in default aircraft to about 15 to 20 with those planes (and the default F-18... so how would this MD11 compare to those... is it really the same as the default airliners or not...? I want to buy, but may wait for the FS9 version where I fly all my heavies primarily. Thanks, Peter

If you can fly with the default 747, then you can fly with the MD11.Is a very very very framerate friendly plane. I uninstalled FS9, and migrated to FSX just for this airplane. Now i can enjoy FSX in a proper way.My system (See my signature) is a very normal one, and i can put the MD11 in Aerosoft heathrow with 50% traffic and very hight settings with good framerates.In your case, you should avoid addon scenery, traffic, and hight settings.

Juan Ramos
Sorry for my bad english

Hi PeterIf I were you I would definitely wait for the FS9 version of the MD-11 if you gonna be gaming on a 3 year old laptop! FSX + the MD-11X is going to test your patience and framerates drastically.In my experience the default airliners in FSX are not in any way comparable to the MD-11 in terms of framerates. If you are struggling to use much less complex add-ons then you will have major problems with the MD-11.I say wait for the FS9 version!All the bestKonrad

Konrad

Guest XM DUDE

>Hi Peter>>If I were you I would definitely wait for the FS9 version of>the MD-11 if you gonna be gaming on a 3 year old laptop! FSX +>the MD-11X is going to test your patience and framerates>drastically.>>In my experience the default airliners in FSX are not in any>way comparable to the MD-11 in terms of framerates. If you are>struggling to use much less complex add-ons then you will have>major problems with the MD-11.>>I say wait for the FS9 version!>>All the best>KonradI have a similar laptop with the X300 card and I fly the entire PMDG fleet and I'm told the FS9 MD-11 should be no problem ether.Michael Pare.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $715.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now