Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

xender

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xender

  1. The tfdi MD11 is a masterpiece for sure. Specially if you get the advanced systems package or whatever its name is. I get dynamic failures and everything. Still undecided on the inibuilds mainly because I hate people and moslty fly cargo
  2. No, my issue is the speed at which im flying, I think its too fast, so close to the terrain below
  3. Im doing ARNOK 3A, In this example Im turning the autopilot on at 500ft AGL
  4. Hey guys, Im a frequent SEQM flyer (Quito, Ecuador), and I get this behavior that while I know its correct elsewhere, I guess its wrong for a high elevation airport like quito. SEQM airport is at close to 8k feet in elevation. So after I take off, the airplane (Fenix/FSL neo etc) quickly reaches 10K feet and then reduces its climb rate in order to accelerate beyond 250 knots. It keeps climbing, but with a lower rate. The problem? Quito airport is surrounded by high mountains, so sometimes if Im flying north after taking off the plane ends up flyint at 300 knots or so overflying terrain at just 2k feet below. I dont think this is the correct techique, so How should I handle this? What is the correct procedure to follow? (Btw this isnt exclusive to Airbus, happens also with the Boeings etc). I was thinking about climbing in VS mode until 18k feet and then letting the plane take it from there, but I want to know what is the proper real life technique in these cases.
  5. I have the 380 and 340, but not the 350. After the launch debacle I just ignored it. Now, more than a year after its launch with so many patches and comparing it with the A380, what do you think about the A350? Is it on pair with the A380 or better? I like the 380 a lot. It has a some bugs here and there but hey, its a 1.0.0 so I wont complain about those. Is it worth it now? Or should I continue to avoid it?
  6. You can be sure that they do it because Navigraph has data that/accuracy that the default navdata doesnt have
  7. Can you show a screenshot of your autofps window?
  8. It was like that before, but not anymore. Just look at how fast FSReborn updates his products
  9. In a recent video, from A330 Driver, I noticed that while he praises and praises the A380, he hesitates to call it "Study level". So for those of you who have it, what is missing? Is there something that has been simplified?
  10. Oh yes it will. I had to watch a lot of videos to learn how to land the thing without killing everyone. In my first landing I ended up being upside down
  11. This is what worked for me: Using my vpn (Proton) i connected to a server in iceland and launched the sim. Then after the sim launched I disconnected the vpn.
  12. Hey guy, since both planes are made by inibuilds and seem very similar, which one do you think its the best? Which one do you think is the best simulation?
  13. Oh :/ too bad. Thanks guys for letting me know
  14. After discovering how good the Albatross is, Im checking each default airplane and I just noticed that the SR22 is really good too! So I was getting more info on it and found that Boris has a soundpack for it but its marketed as compatible with Fs2020. I was wondering if anyone can confirm if it also works with the version in 2024
  15. A little bit offtopic I know, but what's happening there? Im not following it closely mainly because Im into cargo. What is that you dont like?
  16. +1! I want one sooo baaad since I saw the ones from Buffalo, please tell me its as good as the Albatross
  17. I had this same issue. This is how I solved it: Load the sim, go to chaseplane options and disable automatic updates. Restart the sim, restart the computer. Go to your chaseplane account and download the installer. Open the installer as administrator. Install the latest version. That's it. Now its running fine on my side
  18. Any news about a cargo variant? I hate people
  19. There are only two things that I dont like, both fairly minor: 1) The lack of static elements inside the airplane. I mean, it would be better to have the luggage compartment with something in there instead of flying with an empty airplane always. 2) the startup secuence is wrong. In this airplane you should crank the engine with the mixture cut and then once it fires, you should move the mixture forward (Like the A2A aerostar for example). Instead its behaving like a continental engine. In the future, I would looooove to see nick implement wear items like brakes, oil changes, tires etc. Btw: the turbocharge implementation is waaaaay better than in the dukes. Hopefully he can port those improvements back
  20. That's the way I see it too. Lets think about an airplane that doesn't support failures. When you do the fire test, what do you think its happening behind? Maybe just a simple if-then. If fire test button pressed? Then turn light on. It doesn't have to simulate more than that because the engine will never be on fire. It doesn't need to simulate hyd fluid quantity because you will never have a leak or a pump fail. It just have to show you the values, but with nothing really happening behind. Most of those warning lights are just cosmetic. If the aircraft doesn't implement failures, the simulation doesn't have to be that complex. On the other hand, if your systems are deeply simulated, implementing failures after that should be trivial because the components should react in cascade if one system fails.
  21. The maddog is a good example: You can be confident that your flights will be issue-free for the most part, but if you try to do an "Italian tuneup" with the engines at takeoff you wont get the chance to turn the landing lights off. I need to feel that I have to do the things properly. The DC-6 is another example: You need to do the things properly or you will end up with a glider. Triggering failures also wont work for me, because I know they will happen and I know when.
  22. Failures and maintenance are the principal reason why I keep returning to my A2A fleet. If I know that there's a smaaaaaaaaaall chance that something might go wrong It works in my brain. I do my flows checking the parameters, I do my run up checking the engines, I do my flight plan taking into account possible diversion airports. I check my systems during flight to verify there's nothing sinister developing. I crosscheck my fuel against my flight plan to make sure everything is ok and there's no fuel leak. Real world aviation is build around the fact that things will go wrong and you have to be ready. If I know that nothing will go wrong, that there's no penalty for bad/sloppy flying, the simulation turns boring very fast for me as it is just reduced to flipping switches with a guarantee outcome. My brain knows that I can fly at wide open throttle the entire flight without thinking about ITT or anything etc etc. Having just a small chance that something might go wrong changes the whole game for me. Justflight decision to remove failures is the main reason why I didnt purchase the fokkers. So for me? Yes, Failures always on. Service based failures, I love that.
  23. In my case I just followed the steps like a new user, resigned to my fate. But later when I went to setup all my controls I noticed that my profiles where all there, just not selected. I had to click the arrows to select my profiles and I was up and running in no time. Chaseplane also welcomed me like a new user but I noticed that all my control assignments where correct Edit: Some settings where indeed reset (Like the realism etc) but these where really easy to set back up

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.