Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

Cruise Flight Level Overwritten

Firstly, can I say how pleased I am with the MD-11, it surpasses my expectations. Quite Airbus like in a Boeing kind of way!When I flew tutorial 1 I had a problem with the Cruise Flight Level being apparently overwritten. Having followed the tutorial exactly, during climb out I got an UNABLE CRUISE FL message. When I checked the MCDU I saw that cruise flight level was now FL500, instead of FL370 as entered. The FCP still had 37000 selected.Any idea what might have caused this?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi,I know what you mean, but I'm not sure why. If you pass a pre-set flight level, I think it removes it from the list? I've yet to really look at this though.Best regards,Robin.

I've found out what happened by reflying the tutorial. After clearing the 6000 ft altitude constraint, and while selecting FL370 on the FCP I had moved the mousewheel too fast and overshot the altitude. It went to FL500 and this changed the planned cruise flight level.On the second tutorial flight I didn't overshoot 37000 by so much and noticed a magenta annunciation of the new cruise FL on the FMA. So it's supposed to be like this. Another MD-11 difference to learn!Must remember not to overdo the mousewheel input next time. ;)Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg