Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

FS Build 2 flight plans to MD11

Don't you calculate that yourself with ci and flight alt. Its never put in speeds or altitude for me.

FSB exports altitudes to an FS9 .pln file if the option is set. I've never seen it set the cruise or legs altitude in the 737NG FMC. Speeds are as Steven said the result of a CI (cost index) setting and a selected cruise altitude and cruise flight altitude temperature. The speed is adjusted for your head/tailwind component to give you the best time/best fuel performance within the economic constraints you placed on it in the cost index. Do a search on cost index or CI in this forum.The only place I know of where altitudes are directly placed on the LEGS page is from hard altitude constraints coded in the Terminal Procedures (SID/STAR) database in the FMC, not FSB.FSB coupled with Active Sky makes a good combo for fuel planning since FSB will read the winds aloft from a running Active Sky. By loading the FS9 export into Active Sky you can examine the winds aloft at various altitudes along your route. You can in AS also change your cruising altitude and reprocess the plan to get its reported average wind vector for your trip. You then rebuild again your plan in FSB choosing your new cruise altitude to get an updated fuel loading report.