Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Mike Stone's 727

I wanted to let you know I think Mike Stone's 727 is very nice. Handles well even in turbulance and thermals. I do have a question about the Landing gear though, it seems they are a little too big, and I think it makes the plane look wierd while on the ground, by no means am I complaining, but not sure if you have a smaller set to try on the aircraft. Can you make smaller gear? One other question, I know you have a Piedmont 727 in your package, but for what ever reason, I can not get ATC to acknowledge the name Piedmont, any help on this? Final comment, I am so glad someone finally designed my favorite airplane, it was a long time coming. THANKS:-kewl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey J!I suggest you e-mail Mike with your suggestions. I e-mailed him with the following observations on the 727:1. The gear is definitely too big for the 727. The nose gear also has to come down just a little bit to establish a bit of the slant.2. The rear engines are a bit small; they need to be longer.3. The tail needs a little bit of work; I think that the leading and trailing edge of the tail need a bit more angle. Also, the piece that sticks out of the rear of the tail, between the elevators, needs to be a tad longer.4. The main landing gear doors have a piece that sticks outwards when the gear is deployed and that piece should be sticking out a little more.I love Mike's addons and contributions to our hobby and mean this as very constructive criticism. His 727 addon is very nice and a great addition to FS2002. I hope with these comments and observations I help Mike make this aircraft it even better than it is already.My 2 cents.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

I agree also and e-mailed Mike with a few similar suggestions. This is a really FINE aircraft and has the potential to be one of the finest freeware efforts ever made with just a few small tweaks. I also asked to be able to make the landing gear look a bit "dirtier". IMHO its too clean looking right now. I never saw one that looked that good on Delta's fleet..:) Keep up the fine work Mike!Hornit