Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Repaint project issue PMDG 747-400

Hey all, I have been creating some liveries and for the most part, they look great. The problem I am having is lighting. Enclosed are a couple screen shots showing the main issue.What I am doing: 1.) I edit the .PSD files in Photoshop CS3. 2.) I save the formats for PMDG_747_fuse_Left_T.dds, PMDG_747_fuse_Right_T.dds and PMDG_747_Externals_T.dds in DXT5 format as stated by the read me that comes with the paint kit. All other textures I save to what is DXT1 but with Alpha (It is an option with the Nvidia Plugin). 3.) Flying my new livery with a smile.Problem #1: When night flying and I turn on my lights, my nose section illuminates fully, leaving the others dark and no blending etc...Problem #2: (Same problem most likely) When I turn on the Logo light, the full tail lights up.I noticed that the other PMDG aircraft have other files as well (other than what comes in the paintkit) I have tried adding them to my texture folder as well.Thanks a ton for any and all help!Here are the pics!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194048.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194049.jpg

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

More info:I found out that the only light that causes the problem with the front section is the Inbound lights. The other lights don't seem to be a problem to the front, however the Logo light causes the same issue as shown above :'(Here are a 4 other pics with a different livery with the inbound lights on and therefor causing the problem and then off with the texture as fine as could be.Thanks again!~Dan

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Ok, well after no answers on my searches I emailed PMDG and the problem ended up being I didn't have the Alpha channel. I opened one of the original PMDG livery's in my FSX directory and copied the Alpha channels to "Left, Right and External" and everything is working perfectly. I also mentioned that maybe they might want to include the Alpha channel in their Paintkit's .PSD files since it would save steps and emails in the future :)

Dan Prunier

H i can you please post these alpha channel  files so i can download them? i was able to delete the alpha channel from the pax_max_748i file that i am painting, but what i am really trying to figure is how to drag the alpha channel from the pmdg dds file to export to  my file. this is all i need. i just cant find the channel tab in paintshop pro x7 and i am not that well experienced with this software. please let me know where i can download these files. Thank you.