Sign in to follow this  
eeyore

Ok, So where is it?

According to page 44 of the introduction manual, I am supposed to be able to switch off "Momentum Effect" by making a small change to the "Views.cfg" file that should be found within my vista directory at users/name/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX".I do not have this file.I have a file called "Cameras.cfg" that has an section within it called "CameraDefinition.002" (which is what I am supposed to be making the change to) so I assume that is the file.However, get this, I make the change but it has NO effect.So if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.Many thanks in advance.Stuart

Anyone............Sorry, important piece of information, this is the PMDG MD-11

So no one has any suggestions other than perhaps forget it and live with the fact that sometimes buttons are not available in the VC because my "head" is constantly "bopping about" like a hyperactive jack in the box.............RegardsStuart

I don't have the VIEWS.CFG either (with XP).I think the Intro is in error. The CAMERA.CFG does have...MomentumEffect = Yesin the [CameraDefinition.002] section...Daryl

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest Paul Bonhomme

I can't stop me head from bobbing around no matter what I try (see post below this one). Something really doesn't seem right, either with the MD-11 setup or FSX itself. I've just finished reading through the FSX SDK published by Microsoft itself, and the MomentumEffect = No (Boolean argument) has no effect on head movement with my setup. The 'No' switch should completely disable dynamic head movement, but for whatever reason it's not with the MD-11.I sure would like to find a solution to this.-Paul Bonhomme

Hello RobertMany thanks for the input.I therefore suggest (notwithstanding the typo) that there is an issue with this as also confirmed by the separate poster.Could there be more than one instance of the .cfg file being accessed?Is this information also "saved" as part a "save flight" routine?RegardsStuart

Guest Paul Bonhomme

Stuart,I tested today and found that starting a flight from a brand new scenario does not mitigate the uncontrollable head movement, so I think we can rule out Dynamic Head Movement parameters being part of any saved flight routine. This is at least my experience so far. I really like the MD-11, but I am gonna have to hanger mine until this issue is resolved. I'm guessing that by PMDG's continual lack of response that this might not be too easy to solve. Usually when it gets quiet from the PMDG support side it means they know it's a problem but no solutions are available.... I wonder how others are dealing with it?The whole situation is just too irritating and I can't enjoy flying right now. Oh well.-Paul Bonhomme

Guest Paul Bonhomme

Has anyone else noticed that all other aircraft in FSX have no dynamic head movement in the virtual cockpit with the 'MomentumEffect' switched to 'no' in the camera.cfg file? Try loading up the default Extra with the Momentum effect off (no). Head movement is neutral in the virtual cockpit at all times.Now go back to the MD-11's virtual cockpit. Your initial view will still be constantly be skewed out of alignment in response to the aircraft's movement about the 3 axes. If I'm right, there is unfortunately no remedy unless PMDG edits code on their side and publishes an update.PMDG, am I close to home with this observation ? :)-Paul Bonhomme

Has anyone at PMDG got any ideas on this one?I think we have sussed that it is not just a typo, so any fixes?RegardsStuart