Sign in to follow this  
Guest Formula

MD-11 Bug?

Guest Formula

I just encountered a strange problem with the md-11. I was cruising along at 36k on my way from PANC to RKSI and about 3 hours into the flight all of the VDU's froze up and the plane began wallowing from side to side. When I clicked on the VDU's to enlarge them they were working fine in the enlarged mode, but were completely broken in the regular VC view. I had to cancel the flight, a waste of 3 hours, but these things happen I guess. Also, I noticed something strange before this problem occurred. Pressing S to change the views only gave me the outside spot view and then back to the VC with no tower or wingtip views offered. When I pressed shift s I got the wingtip views but no tower views in the cycle, very odd. Shortly after noticing this the VDU's, all of them, froze up and the aircraft began its back and forth "swim" across the sky. The only thing I could figure was something bad happened when I changed the water settings from high 1x to low 2x mid flight, that is the only thing I did different from my other flights and had no problems before so perhaps due to the complexity of the MD-11 it doesnt like when you make changes to the settings with the aircraft already loaded. Something to look into I guess, but if I'm the only one thats experienced this then I wouldnt worry about it.Bryan.

Guest Formula

Yes ok, this is definitely a bug. I just replicated the flight and it seems to keep losing VC VDU input at about the same time in this flight. Seemingly out over the north pacific between the MARCC and BESAT waypoints using route G583. I will contact PMDG and let them know.

You've encounter several FSX bugs.. when you opened the FSX menu to change water settings it froze the VC display in the PMDG. To fix this simply select a different VC view with A key then Shift A back. The S select camera view behaves differently over water or where you are a long ways from a tower and you only get what you saw... again this is normal FSX behavior. There was no need to cancel the flight.

Dan Downs KCRP