Sign in to follow this  
kingstone

MD-11 odd behavior!

Hi!I recently purchased the PMDG MD-11 for FSX, and it semms like a fantastic plane. But I do have some major problems that is really enoying.The first thing happens at engine start. I engage the starters and set fuel on at N2 15% and looking at the instruments the engine starts fine. But then i go outside on spot-view, and nothing has happened! The engine is not moving and there is no engine sound. Going back in cockpit-view the instruments is indicating that the engine is running normally. If I then wait a minute or two, i hear the engine starting up inside and outside, and the engine is rotating. Like the sound is really delayed. But then the engine instrument (N1, N2, EGT) start to jump up and down, not stable at all! And the hydraulic system for that engine is going on and off. Same with the brakes, as they are powered by the hydraulics.Second thing, when I get everything to work after a while and get airborne there seems to be a AP problem. If I engage the Autopilot the aircraft will start to turn normally, but then bank more and more until i get in a nosedive and crash. I try to disengage AP, but i cant get the aircraft under control. It seems like there is a big flight control problem. There is no warning lights and the hydraulics systems is working normally.Can anyone help me?Thorbjorn

Hi Thorbjorn,The sound observations you mention is a known issue with all FS aircraft. The engine start sounds are actual sound files being triggered to playback when you start the engines - when you switch views FS resets the playback of the sounds to the start of the sound file and hence makes the sound out of sync with the engine parameters. Hence I recommend not switching views while starting or shutting down the engines in FS. Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.veryquiet.com/pics/sig_PMDG_MD11_DevTeam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

No that was not the problem. Because the fanblades din not move either.. But now its all working fine! After I discovered and installed FSX SP2 :) And I love it!Thank you for your help anyway :)