Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

A heartful "thank you"!

After I set up my old PC (Windows XP) and FS2004 from scratch last summer, I decided to install only what I really need to avoid getting in trouble once more. I ended up with only two planes, the FeelThere EMB Jets series and Digital Aviation's Fokker 70/100.Since both aircraft are at reasonable service pack levels today, they're pretty much flyable and I use them regularily. Having a strong Boeing background (who does not?) it's always a kind of "refreshing experience" learning to master the FMS and onboard systems of such "alien" planes ;-).This weekend, I put the PMDG 737NG series aircraft onto my hard drive again. They were hangared for much too long! Having tuned everything (editing bitmap to get rid of the centerpost, adding liveries and vortex/exhaust effects, correcting aircraft.cfg files), I set up my "default test route" from LPPS to LPMA for the great approach to rwy 05 using Aerosoft's scenery.What do I need to say: The flight was simply "perfect" and brought back a tremendous amount of enjoyment that I lost during the last months "fighting" against the bugs of the planes already present in my sim! The 737's systems worked like a charm and as expected, no surprises or critical situations. Where other MCDUs show unexplainable things, the FMC of the 737 was clear and logical, and the FDE of PMDG's masterpiece was a class of itself (though I must admit that in the past, I had some troubles hand flying the aircraft in 30 deg banks at low speeds). After letting the FMS do the initial work (including the deceleration phase at FUN213/7 with constraints of 1100/150, something the FMS' of products of other develpoers can only dream of) I manually flew a smooth approach to LPMA, the total flight experience was simply great and gelt incredibly "real" in my opinion.All in all, PMDG's product once more proved to be the preferred aircraft for myself. Even after so many years, it is unrivaled in each and every aspect. So, I say: thank you, PMDG, for gifting us with such great developments and allowing me to enjoy FS2004 to the fullest!P.S.: Even though the MD-11 is not suited for smaller airports like the 737, I more than appreciate that PMDG is producing another masterpiece for the aged FS2004!Andreas

>P.S.: Even though the MD-11 is not suited for smaller airports like the >737, hehehehe wanna bet?

Andreas, I couldn't agree more. The 737 after all those years is still remarquably realistic. I believe there isn't any add-on that comes close in the medium range series. I am so used to it now, I can't fly anything else, the 737 is so good systems wise and amusing to hand fly.BTW, Byran, I would love to see an MD-11 land on a 6500FT wet runway, really, that would be a scene :( :(