Sign in to follow this  
Guest bkhopp

Inputting manual Speed/Alt restrictions

Guest bkhopp

Hello Everyone,I have been flying with PIC for a few months now and love it! Starting to get the hang of it. Right now I am just starting a long KSFO-YSSY trip :)I need help with inputting manual Speed/Alt restrictions on the legs page. I read the manual and VNAV seems to work for me generally. What I tried to do was put manual restrictions in the form .800/FL390 at various waypoints for the step climb. It will not allow me to input either but gives an error "INVALID ENTRY."My VNAV Crz Alt is set to FL400 and all the manual restrictions are below this. It works to give a restriction in the form 308/FL390 but not with the Mach number.Any ideas?Thanks,BenUPS1021

Guest KenG

That is by design and the way it works in the real world. You cannot add a speed restriction in Mach value. It must be in knots. This was allowed in the original release of PIC, but was corrected during the patch for FS2002. Your options are to input a corresponding knots speed or leave it blank and allow the FMC to determine the best speed.

The FMS will ignore (or not allow) altitude restrictions in the cruise section of the flightplan. Thats how the real thing works aswell.

Guest bkhopp

>The FMS will ignore (or not allow) altitude restrictions in >the cruise section of the flightplan. Thats how the real >thing works aswell. So if you want a step climb at specific waypoints rather than letting the FMC calculate it, you enter the highest altitude to be reached as the Cruise Alt?Thanks by the way for the quick answer.Ben

>So if you want a step climb at specific waypoints rather than letting the FMC calculate it....