Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Crashing Computer caused by PIC

Hello,I have a AMD THbird 1400+ on a ABIT KG7Raid with 786MB DDR-RAM and a Abit GForce3 T200.Whenever I try to fly the recent bought PIC with the FS2k2 Update, my Windows2k shuts down completely and reboots. I cant do anything about it. It doesnt do it with any other FS2k2 ADDON Aircraft. Somehow I cant fly the PC at any addon payware scenery.Can anybody help me?If not, I will habe to send the box back to whom I bought it by totmorrow.greetingst_a_h

Guest KenG

More info please. When exactly does it reboot? Right after/during loading of the plane? What else do you have running? Have you tried a quick reinstall of PIC and the patch? Anything else you can think of.I know others have gotten PIC to work with Win2k. I personally don't have it, so I cannot comment on if there were any issues.

Try a reinstall as Ken suggested.A lot of PIC users run AMD CPUs and GF cards without problems.I run PIC on FS2k2, Athlon XP1800, KT7A board, PC133 RAM and a GFTi200. Run Win98SE and not 2k.Make sure you have the FS2k2 patch, the origianl PIC was for FS2k and a FS2k2 patch was released shortly after FS2k2 was released, not sure what you get with a recent purchase.PIC is quite demanding of the graphics sub-system so it might be worth reducing your screen resolution and see if that stops the crashing. Also turn off any unnecessary programs so that FS can access all your system resources, although with 728MB RAM you shouldn't have a problem.It will work, but if you take it back you will be kicking yourself for letting go of one of the most involving a/c available for FS :-)Hope it works out.

How did you get the FS2002 update? A lot of people have mistakenly downloaded the patch for FS2000 from the Wilco website.Cheers,Gosta.

Well, I guess where my problem is. Not PIC is the problem but the effect - the problem-showing.I have three different HDDs and 11 partitions. Win2k uses 9 partitions. But every one is almost near the 'les than 20% free space' zone or is realy about having not enough free space left. So, windows runs not stable caused by this state of the partitions.Well, I got a flatrate DSL ISP and so I downloaded such a lot of sceneries and so on that I have used all my HDDs free space. By now I even dont know anymore where to but the CDRs I burn with this downloaded stuff. I should start getting bigger HDD like a WD 80GB or even more and work about this problem first.I have NO other program running in the background what would slow down win2k or even give enough reason to crash. But I would love to run FSMeteo, FSFlightMax and FDC and GameComander. And sure I have installed the latest FS2k2 patch for PIC. Yesterday I ones got PIC airborn and landed first time without a crash!Ciaot_a_h

Guest TerryT

Sounds very similar to the problem I was having with my AMD XP 1800 powered system. My system would stop/reboot even if I was only running FS2002. I finally added another case fan to cool down the inside of the computer. Depending on if I have the swamp cooler (desert air conditioner)on,I see a 5-18 F temp decrease. So far, I have not had this problem show up. Maybe I will try and reload PIC 767.TerryABQPS: With the extra fan my computer now makes as much noise as a "Real" 767.