Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Takeoff Procedures for Airports like SLLP or SKBO

La Paz and El Dorado airports are over ten thousand feets high, even with a very light load rotating at V2 causes tail strikes. What is the real life procedures when at high altitude airports? can I trick the FMC into calculating a higher Rotation speed changing Take off weight data?

Guest HPSOV

The 767's I fly are limited to 8400ft as the maximum takeoff pressure altitude.I would suggest a higher flap setting (15 or 20) for takeoff, and a slower rotation of course!

Guest ColdBear

Could u give me some info about the Airports?? and Aircraft weight??Thanx in advance

Hmm maybe I have missed something, but a rotation speed of lets say 160 kts will always work at any altitude. Airspeed depends on altitude (and a few other factors, like temperature, but temperature has a direct relationship with temperature in a normal atmosphere), groundspeed doesn't...160 kts at mean sea level will give you the same lift as 160 kts at 10000 ft. Only, at sea level (wind no winds), 160 IAS will be the same as 160 kts groundspeed, while at 10000ft you will be at around 177 or even higher.Anyhow, check your rotation technique at sea level, it's very easy to get a tail strike on PIC767 (I don't know if its realistic). Try rotating slowly, but take runway length into consideration. A 10000 foot runway at 10000ft altitude is not that long. Especially if its warm.Just make sure you rotate at Vr while looking at the airspeed indicator and not ground speed!Hope this helps,Regards,Mark

Guest ColdBear

Hi again :-hahI was trying to take off a B763 (posky) :-)Weight : ZFW : 295000lbsFuel : 65000lbs (80% in the wings, 00% in the center)---------------------Total : 360000lbs or 163tonnes---------------------Flaps 15 and ISA condition, temp. 10 deg. C---------------------V1 : 147 ktsVR : 150 ktsV2 : 155 ktsVMCG : 96 kts105% N1Hope this help *:-*