Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

PIC 767 is rocking its way ... please help

Hi,my PIC 767 is rocking and can hardly hold altitude when I switch time warp factor up to 2x or even 4x it gets realy bad. It is the only one payware aircraft with which I cannot fly long hauls, 'cause I cannot push up the time factor to 2x or 4x. Is there any tip or idea or patch I should try out that will solve this problem?CiaoTorben.

>Is your Yaw Damper on? >>;-) Sure! I fly FS since FS95! Ok, you just kidding my. Na, I tried all and cannot get to fly the PIC or any merge POSKY/PIC with time warp 4x. So where is the point paying a lot for teh package and cannot fly it as any other payware aircraft? I have them all, just name it.CiaoTorben.

Guest jase439

PIC has never really controlled very well w/ time compression enabled. Make sure you're running the the FS2002 patch (1.2) as it included some fixes to make 2x and 4x even somewhat possible (but probably not elegant).As for "what is the point of paying for this package if you can't fly at 4x" - if you can't reason that one out for yourself, you likely purchased PIC for all the wrong reasons.Good luck.J

Torben,I was having this exact problem and have mostly fixed it by reducing my target frame rate down from 25 to 20. In fact the further I move the target frame rate down, the less 'wallowing' my 767 PIC becomes in 4x time accel mode. It seems the PIC panel needs as much processing time as it can get its hands on. 20fps is a good compromise for me.BTW, my system is a 1.4G Athlon, 512K SDRAM and GF3 Ti200 64M.Gary

>Torben, >>I was having this exact problem and have mostly fixed it by >reducing my target frame rate down from 25 to 20. In fact >the further I move the target frame rate down, the less >'wallowing' my 767 PIC becomes in 4x time accel mode. It >seems the PIC panel needs as much processing time as it can >get its hands on. 20fps is a good compromise for me. I already have it fixed to 27 but will try 24.>BTW, my system is a 1.4G Athlon, 512K SDRAM and GF3 Ti200 >64M. I enjoy a AMD Athlon XP2400, 768 DDR 2100 and GF3T200 - so I should not have these problems at all, should I?Well, I know that the fault/error functions are the main reason why I bought the PIC, and 'cause the panel isnt too bad, but with FSMaintenance I get emergencies with any plane I fly when I fly it the wrong way.Any other stuff I should look at to improof FS2k2 to get PIC running without rocking?CiaoTorben.

Guest TheJones

You may also try and change the gauge refresh rate: it can be done in the PIC menu.Never tried that, but it seems logical.Ilan

Guest Ian_Bowden

I can't believe this thread - wants to know why he can't fly it at 4x? can you fly the real one at 4x? I rest my case.Ian

Why fly long haul if you really don't want to spend the time doing it?? Sort of defeats the purpose don't you think? Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@sbcglobal.net" A little learning is a dangerous thing"

Personal preference I guess as to where reality crosses with enjoyment. I fly 2x or 4x over the 'nothing else to do really' legs of a flight plan. I mean, endless blue ocean, watching the fuel / time / distance / position tick away when such things can easily be fully monitored 4x faster. How far do some of you guys actually take this reality thing? Do you actually sit at the console throughout the entire flight, leaving only on brief occassions for rest breaks, and then only with a copilot taking control responsibility for the aircraft while you are absent, not to mention observing proper crew rest requirements and crew rotations? Or do you mix a bit of real life living in with all this, like eating AFK, watching a bit of telly, even catching a snooze?Gary

Well I do 3 hours on, then enroute at crz alt have the crz pilot {my cat} take over so I can chat in the galley {kitchen} and take a potty break {restroom}. I then talk up a storm with the flight attendants {anyone who happens to be up while i'm flying}, have something to eat{most of the time cold pizza} then hit the jumpseat {recliner} for the rest of my break. Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@sbcglobal.net" A little learning is a dangerous thing"

Hi,well, If I would have 4 Monitors, CH Yoke and much more and a CoPilot whom would do his/her job at at second computer (one of the three or what), I might fly medium haul without time compression at all. But since I fly without being paid and sometimes like to do long hauls with FS2k2 Aircrafts like the PIC, which is designed to fly long hauls, I realy wanna have this function of time compression. But PIC is the only one with the problem rocking a lot in time warp mode. When I fly with a A320 or B737 I dont do long hauls over oceans or cross USA or alike and use little the time warp function. So, where does fanatism starts and leaves being a hobby? I already spent some thousand Euros (Dollars) for Payware aircrafts and Scenery and utilities. And all that just for a simulation game with a price of about 55

>Well I do 3 hours on, then enroute at crz alt have the crz >pilot {my cat} take over ...And what do you do when you wanna do a long haul trip? 8 hours over the ocean USA-Europe or Europe-Asia or alike? Have you the time to spend 10 hours flying even doing things parallel but still take care what weather and your planes does enroute? What is if a storm comes up but you are not there to see it and fly around or change flightlevel etc.? So there are reasons to be at the pc and watch the trip 'cause somethings dangerous can come up and I need to interact. So better fly with time compression and interact if need then to fly without time compression and not being around when I better should be around.What you say about that?

>What you say about that? I say, fly legs that you can "afford" to fly. If you can only handle a 2 hour flight, than pick a 2 hour flight. PIC was not designed for time compression. The a/p is continually making small corrections to keep you on course and at the correct speed.If you get bored on long flights, try reading a book or magazine; listen to music; play with your Gameboy, etc. The last time I did a Trans-Atlantic flight, there was enough AI traffic going with me to keep me on my toes 90% of the way. Anyway, you asked. :)

BobK