Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

GeForce Users!!!

Ever since the 29.60-current driver set. We've had to use tweaking programs to get the fullest of FS2K2 and other games. I usually used NVMax since I downloaded the 30.82s. NVMax has since gone unsupported. I was wondering...what tweak utilities do you all use?My opinion:NVMax: Best & most simple tweaker I have ever used. No problems at all with it. Too bad they don't work on 29.60-current.GTU(GeForce Tweak Utility): A little more complicated and can be dangerous if you don't know what your doing. 30.82-Unsupported by GTURiviaTuner: INCREDABLY HARD to use. I wouldn't use it unless you memorized all the NVIDIA registry settings because it doesn't contain any help files.A-Tuner: Like NVMax...this program is my new favorite tweaker. Easy & simple to use. It just tweaks too little settings.

I use RivaTuner. I like the design of the GUI, it's the most logical, at least for me :)I tried GTU and NVMax but it took longer for me to navigate to the settings, and it didn't seem logical. Probably because I'm used to RivaTuner.The one problem for first-time users of RivaTuner is finding the correct tab for changing the settings. It may seem logical to use the tabs at the top of the window to navigate, but in fact you are usually not supposed to touch those at all. Instead; on the main tab, you are supposed to click the tiny symbol next to Customize in the Driver Settings area. That allows you to easily set refreshrates and change Direct3D and OpenGL settings.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I finally figured out how 2 use riviatuner! LoL! thanks! they make it so hard to notice. I usually went to the power user settings area looking for a way to tweak it. 2 points for you. RiViATuner is the Greatest!!!!

Can you post a hyperlink where we can download riviatuner?Also, what kind of improvmeents and ehnancements can you get by tweaking and is it really difficult to do?Thanks.fever

Guest flightpro08

You can download Rivatuner from www.guru3d.com/rivatunerThe progarm offers quite a few performance enhancements, most notible for GF4 users is the Aniso Filtering scripts. Try it, you'll like it. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer

Guest Rob

Nothing quite like the old-fashioned overclocking with water-cooling.

All this stuff is way over my poor little head. Anyway, I want to go flying, not mess about in the hangar all day. I run two GeForce 2 MX cards across three monitors, whacked in the latest 30.82 drivers the other day, still run my ED glasses on 23.11 and wouldn't you know it, wonderful results. So what would I gain by overclocking/tweaking/watercooling blah blah blah? Does all this really make a difference? Sounds like what I do with my racing car, not my computer.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg