Sign in to follow this  
Guest stang

Cycle 0501 ready to go

Guest Ruddman

Can I just download the sid/stars? Or do I need the rest? Not really sure what the rest does. Or is actually.Never updated an airac cycle in my life for the 767, DF 737 or PMDF 737. And they're all for 2002!

Guest stang

>Can I just download the sid/stars? Or do I need the rest? Not>really sure what the rest does. Or is actually.The SIDs, STARs and IAPs are all together. Just download which file you are interested in. One file is for airports whose ICAO begins with a "K" or a "P", essentially just U.S. airports. The other file is basically airports other than U.S..>Never updated an airac cycle in my life for the 767, DF 737 or>PMDF 737. And they're all for 2002! If you are happy with default databases then fine, you don't need to get current procedures. It's just up to you what you want to do.RegardsTerry

Yes you can, on the top menu there is a choice called SidStar.There you can download a all in one package for the different aircraft packages.

Guest stang

>Yes you can, on the top menu there is a choice called>SidStar.>There you can download a all in one package for the different>aircraft packages.Sorry, where is this option on my site? Perhaps you are thinking of navdata.at where you can get user developed 767 PIC procedures that have been uploaded there for currently 82 airports. Please note that those 82 airports may or may not be cycle 0501. It just depends if the author(s) checked and if necessary, updated them.RegardsTerry

Guest Ruddman

What difference does it make if the sid/stars aren't the latest airac cycle?I still don't know what an airac cycle is!Interesting to note that when I purchased DF 737, it has a pretty good sid/star data base. And I purchased this a few years ago for 2002.PMDG's data base in their 737's is no where as complete which I always found strange considering its the latest add-on.

Some people use accurate, up to date charts and approach plates. If there is a change to the procedure on the plates/charts, it may not match the data in your FMC. One example is airways changing names/designations, or a change to the name of a fix.

BobK

>Some people use accurate, up to date charts and approach>plates. If there is a change to the procedure on the>plates/charts, it may not match the data in your FMC. One>example is airways changing names/designations, or a change to>the name of a fix.Indeed! Like I do.Also airports may add new runways, change SIDs due to noise-abatement procedures, and so on.Therefore update your airac cycle each month at www.navdata.atNicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Guest stang

>What difference does it make if the sid/stars aren't the>latest airac cycle?>>>I still don't know what an airac cycle is!The AIRAC cycle is a 28 day cycle where navigational data such as radio navaids, airways and airport data are updated. Each update is given a number. The current update cycle is 0501 for 2005, 1st cycle.>PMDG's data base in their 737's is no where as complete which>I always found strange considering its the latest add-on. Several years ago when the DF 737 came out Prabal Gosh was supplying SIDs and STARs to everyone. He had a good source of commercial data. He has since left flight simming for other interests so that commercial data is no longer available. Our only source of SID/STAR/IAP and navigational data now is the DAFIF and paper charts people buy. Unfortunately the DAFIF does not have as much data as Prabal Gosh was able to get. So that is why the difference.RegardsTerry

Guest Ruddman

Cool. Thanks for all that guys. Guess I'll just have to do it.