Sign in to follow this  

SB Question

When I start looking for games in SB 2.3.5, it shows the message "looking for games" but it never finds anything, I then press cancel and I get the screen where you "join the action" and I'm able to start SB at that point. Is it normal to not find any games and to start SB by pressing cancel?PS: I have a similar problem with AIBRIDGE, only difference is that it never finds a game and the program closes when I press cancel.

Are you hosting a multiplayer session in MSFS first? If you're not you need to do that first. SB and AIBridge connect to your locally hosted multiplayer session. If you are, try entering 127.0.0.1 in the IP address field when they ask you for the host to connect to.Mike

I am hosting a multiplayer session in MSFS first, I also tried the IP address 127.0.0.1, same results!

I am using XP and I tried to disable the firewall but results are the same :-( . By the way, thanks for your help! :-beerchug

i had this problem and the WIN XP firewall was the prob. do you have another firewall on? maybe that is the prob

Did you test the DirectPlay server in DxDiag?Check that to see that it is working properly!Hope it leads you forward

I had the same problem too. I use AOL as my ISP and I have win xp pro. I am unable to change the firewall settings for AOL with XP but after starting a multiplayer session in FS I go to the host settings and write down the address that I connected at and then put that in for the screen that searches for the game in SB. Also works for AIBridge. Hope it works.

>I had the same problem too. I use AOL as my ISP and I have >win xp pro. I am unable to change the firewall settings for >AOL with XP but after starting a multiplayer session in FS I >go to the host settings and write down the address that I >connected at and then put that in for the screen that >searches for the game in SB. Also works for AIBridge. Hope >it works. Thank you very much!:-beerchug Your suggestion was right on the money, problem solved!!!