Sign in to follow this  
Minos

Aircraft position on vatsim.....

hi,Each time I connect at VATSIM, I have problems with controller because on their screen they do not have the same position of my aircraft as the one I have in FS02.And this is the same on the VATSIM applet. When for instance I am at EGLL, I appear on Vatsim screen to be in a place south of Gatwick. The same appears at San Juan TJSJ. When I am supposed to be on the northern part of the island, vatsim computers show me on the southerb part of it.Why thoses offset?What shall I do?I have a fresh and recent install of fs2002 pro Any advice welcomed Minos

For those who wish to help me, I have other info:the same position problems also appears on IVAO. I also have erratic position report by ATC there. generally on both VATSIM and IVAO, they report position telling that i am south of my actual FS2002 position Similarly, I see other player at strange positions: for instance someone was supposed to be at LFPG but it appeared on my FS2002 in a field 22 nm north of me.I have tried multiplayer session on the msn zone. And there everything works fine. I have normal position.So I suppose it is a problem with Squawkbox that I encounter. I have reinstalled it twice. I have DX9 official version, FS2002 Pro... I do need some help!!!! i would like to play online too... Minos

Minos,As I understand it, this problem can be caused by your regional settings using a comma instead of a period for a decimal separator. Mike

Guest N405WN

If you don't have FSUIPC then that might help.

If you don't have FSUIPC I don't believe Squawkbox will even start...I may be wrong.

People that are having problems like this, read the above...This is especially true for those of you in Europe where the regional settings like to use commas for decimal seperators instead of periods. Go into Control Panel>Regional Settings/Options and change the decimal character to show a period instead of a comma.