Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

SBRelay always crashes

Hi folks:Just fired up SB and flew on VATSIM for the first time in 8 months or so, and for the first time with FS2004.I use WideFS, so the main PC has FS2004 only. The client PC has SBRelay 1.2, SB 2.3.4, RW, FSMeteo v6.3.After about 5-10 minutes SBRelay will ALWAYS lockup. Then my MP session is hosed, and I intentionally crash FS2004 out of frustration.... Well, not really, but it sounds dramatic :-)I did try to run SBRelay on the main PC (vice the client PC) but it still locked up.I'm running WinXP SP1 on both machines, and I'm using WideFS over TCP/IP.I'm not really in a rush to fix this, because I really don't plan on flying online until SB3 is released; however, if anyone has any magical fixes, I'd love to hear about them.Thank you!James

Guest ben_hewitt

I have the same problem but it can lock up at any time, did a flight from Malaga to Manchester and when passing the channel FS crashed, tried it again the next day and FS crashed just after T/O. Tried the flt the following day again offline and everything ran smoothly no crashes of problems at all.I run on 1 computer.P4 2.81GB DDRRAM9700proWin XP SP1

Guest NickLivans

I have the same problem, and I know MANY people have it also. I've been going from forum to forum looking for any help with no luck! No one can seem to find why this problem occurs. And I also heard that SB3 will be using parts of Sbrelay in SB3. I hope we do not have the same problem with SB3 that we do for SB2 and FS2004. If that happens i'm burning my PC to the ground! LOL Anyway, hopefully someone CAN find a fix. I wish I could, but i really suck at all the programming stuff...........

Hmm....interesting, I run a similar setup with no problems.PC1 runs FS9, SBRelay and has widesever in the FS Modules folder, I also have FSUIPC (registered) which I see you don't mention.PC2 has Internet connection and runs wideclient, SB, RW, FS meteo, ActiveSky, etc.My understanding of how things work make me believe that SBRelay should be on the PC with FS9, at least it works here.If you don't have FSUIPC, or haven't entered the required register keys for the free software that is likely to be your problem.HTH

Thanks for the feedback. And yes, of course I have FSUIPC.I haven't flown online since my original post, and UT 2004 was released, so to heck with online flying.... there are never enough controllers anyway.In all seriousness, I'm waiting for SB3 to try online flying again; however, I'm very disturbed by the comment above about SB3 needing SBRelay. I'm gonna ask that question on Joel's SB3 forum and find out if it's true.James

All:I confimed with Joel (the developer of SB3) that SB3 does NOT use SBRelay in anyway whatsoever.James