Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

More good news for pda owners!

Ok-I was a former pda owner but hadn't kept up with the technology. I went to Oshkosh and got the Anywhere Map with the Compaq 3950-love it-great program-vector graphics-bells and whistles etc...great for the real plane and using gpsout by Peter Dowson can use it on Ms2002!Tonight for $25 bought OziExplorer Ce. http://www.oziexplorer.com/Went to Aeroplanner.com where I have a membership and dowloaded a couple of "chartchunks"-an ifr and vfr one for where I live-most of Michigan.Check it out-running with ms2002-(let alone the real world!)-a 15,000 mfd for $25 and a pda (and membership to aeroplanner.com)! Both ifr and vfr sectional charts as a moving map!Wow!http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Are you saying this can work with out the several hundred $$$ GPS program package? Just Dowsons dll's, FS2002, My PDA with a Serial Connection, and this Ozzie program (and charts..from only Aeroplanner or will others work?) will give me a moving map display?Looking for the cheapest way to do this. Wife and 4 boys equals not much cash for sim fun!!!! :D