Sign in to follow this  
hookandbook2

SB3 Issues....

When I registered for the SB3 forum it said to check my e-mail...well, I didn't recieve one. I tried clicking the "I forgot my password" button, tells me that it belongs to an inactive account and to contact the website Admin. So, how is the website Adim, and how can I contact him?I noticed in the 'Bugs' section that some people have had thier FSUIPC replaced w/ an older verion. I want the developers to know that this has happened to me too. My latest version was replaced w/ version 3.45Lastly, I have my multiplayer range set to 10nm and freq. to anywhere b/t 3-8. Every so often SB3 and FS will hang. Now, I can here ATC and other pilots just fine. But the programs don't respond. If I just let it sit for sometimes as mich as 30 sec. it'll go back to normal. I am running ActiveSky 2004.5 w/ SB3 weather turned off. Any suggestions?-=MAB=-

>When I registered for the SB3 forum it said to check my>e-mail...well, I didn't recieve one. I tried clicking the "I>forgot my password" button, tells me that it belongs to an>inactive account and to contact the website Admin. >>So, how is the website Adim, and how can I contact him?The website admin is Joel deYoung himself. >I noticed in the 'Bugs' section that some people have had>thier FSUIPC replaced w/ an older verion. I want the>developers to know that this has happened to me too. My latest>version was replaced w/ version 3.45This is already noted in bug 529 http://www.squawkbox.ca/bugs/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=529>Lastly, I have my multiplayer range set to 10nm and freq. to>anywhere b/t 3-8. Every so often SB3 and FS will hang. Now, I>can here ATC and other pilots just fine. But the programs>don't respond. If I just let it sit for sometimes as mich as>30 sec. it'll go back to normal. I am running ActiveSky 2004.5>w/ SB3 weather turned off. Any suggestions?Could you please observe if that happens at the moment when a new multiplayer participant is added to the MP session? There should be a message in MSFS for this.>-=MAB=-Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVATSIM Europe Division Director *** mailto:vateud1@vateud.orghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811874/957.png

I'll try to narrow it down to when it happens. However, I won't be back on FS for a little bit (a couple days at least). I think it was happening when people left, but it may have been happening also when people joined.-=MAB=-

I had a similar lockup situation happen to me last night. I was on approach to Rwy 4R at Boston Logan (George Grimshaw's scenery for FS9), ActiveSky 2004.5, and about 40 feet above touchdown when everything froze. I remember at least 4 aircraft lined up waiting for departure (there were probably more at the gates). Knowing that this would drive the Tower Controller nuts I tried to let him know I was going to disconnect. Transmit didn't work but I found receive was working just fine when I heard him clear for takeoff the A/C that was holding in position. I then tried to just disconnect anyway but SB3 was unresponsive. I decided to just reboot but CTRL-ALT-DEL didn't work either. About this time everything freed up and half a dozen windows were popping up all over the place from all the mouse clicks and keystrokes I had pressed during the freeze. Come to find out I also showed up on the controller's ASRC about this time too. He really loved that. I was then able to disconnect.I've been flying with SATCO/VATSIM for the better part of 7 years and have never had something like this happen before. There was nothing new (other than SB3) in the setup I was using last night. The only thing I can think of that may have contributed was that perhaps ActiveSky decided it was time to do a weather download. System details:Win XP ProP4 2.8 Ghz1GB Ram4Mb down/256Kb up broadband connection.Mike B