Sign in to follow this  

Vatsim vs. ...

this string may look a touch like one of the others that has popped up in the past couple of days but i would like to look at the whole trend. maybe trend is not the best way of describing it but i am the one writing this, not you. the thread i mention is one about IVAN. i have heard of this network and have not seen much patronage to thier servers. i have servinfo and whazzup and it looks rather pathetic stacked up against VATSIM. now we have this new start-up NVAS.net. as mentioned before a little competition is good but where are they going with this? as far as the threads i've seen (on top of looking at whose actually flying) not many people like flying with these guys. of course NVAS is not open until the 10th but does anyone know what they are offering that is going to top VATSIM?don't get me wrong i am not looking for a place to move, i am perfectly happy where i am. i get online, there are plenty of controllers on, there is plenty of traffic in most areas and i haven't really had any problems with people as i fly or control. i have not really had any issues with constant lag (yes there have been times but thats here and there), i have not really had any major issues with regulations user agreement or anything else that comes to mind directly.now i maybe blind, misled or ignorant but how are you going to fix what is not broken? what are you going to provide that is going to make me jump ship? i was around in the days before VASTSIM and how that whole thing went down... i think most people are past that now. am i wrong? i have a lot of respect for the flight sim community. you have helped me thru my newbie days and thru my first VA and beyond. i have found friends and mentors. simming got me to learn HTML, PSP, and now Photoshop. now i am beginning to ramble but i think you get the picture.just looking for some insight. y'all have a great new year.

and when SB3 is released...we will all be happier!

Eric 

>On the technical side, VATSIM currently is a very distinct >leader. We have the most advanced server software offering >unique features to enhance fun and realism for pilots and >ATC: >* advanced filing of flightplans via he web Adds +VFPS/V/ to remarks. Not realistic.>* pilots