Sign in to follow this  
Guest FUN767

Getting FS2004 To work online

Guest FUN767

I have downloaded, squakbox, sbrelay, serverinfo.I can get my user name on to the sbrelay, so that reconsises me and says that I am connected, but I am not. Therefore I try to get squawkbox to run at the same time, which i am suppose to what I can gather, but when I do that, it comes up with an error and I cannot doing anything about it. It happens every single time.I was wondering if there is squawkbox for FS2004, I have downloaded it, and it says it will work, but on the program its says for 2000/2002 could this be the problem?Also I am open to suggestions on how I can make it to work. If someone can explain to be easily and step by step how to get it to work that would be brilliant. I would like so much for FS2004 to work online. Thanks for reading and I hope you will be able to assist me in getting this too work. You can contact me on email.michael_collis@hotmail.comor you can simply reply to this message and I will have a look and this can also help other people who are in a similar position as me.

I am in the same position I get as far as the Connect Stage and I get 'Invalid Callsign or Password' or server run out of time before connection. please help me as well.I think the idiots guide to VATSIM would be a good idea.

Fellows,Here are some resources Mike Bevington had in an earlier post:Check the tutorial here: http://www.fspilotguy.tk/Verify you are using the updated version of HostSB listed on the VATSIM software page:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=RootAlso check the trouble shooting suggestions on here for possible problems.http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/contact.html(update to DirectX 9.0b if you have not done so already)Another page to check your setup against is:http://www.fsnordic.net/article/tutorial/s...4/sb_fs2004.phpLet us know if this gets you there, and please be specific with erros messages and other deatils tohelp us pin point your issue.BTW, there is a New VATSIM Pilot's Guide in the works right now.Kyle

I will give this a stab but cannot be 100% helpful as I use 2 PCs for simming and the setup is slightly different.First I think you are missing two programs, FSUIPC and SBHost, this does the same thing as HostSB.dll included with SB but I understand some users found SBHost.exe to be more stable.FSUIPC is required to allow SB to communicate with FS.I also suggest you get Roger Wilco for vocie, it makes on line flying much easier because you don't have to type responses.I suggest you go back over the installation and operation instructions to make sure you do have evrything installed correctly.If you run Win XP then turn off its firewall and make sure you have DX9.0bStartingConnect to the InternetStart SBRelay and wait for its screen to appear, when ready you will see a message 'You can now connect Squawkbox 2 and FS2004 to this server'Start FS9->Multiplayer->Open Multiplayer SessionYou should see a session 'SBRelay-FS2004' click 'join'Create your flight making sure you position at the gate or ramp, not on the runway or taxiway.If using the HostSB.dll go to 'modules' on the FS menu bar and click on 'HostSB->Run'The grey SBhost window should now appearStart SBIn the SB Multiplayer Connect window enter a player name (suggest Squawkbox) and make sure 'Internet TCP/IP Connection for DirectPlay' is highlighted and click OKIn the next window click 'Start search', leave the 'Locate Session' box empty and click OK on it.You should now see 'SBrelay-SquawkBox2(1/814)' in the Multiplayer Games window.Click 'Join' and click 'Click here to get into the Action' when the SB screen appears.Right click on the grey part of the SB window and select 'squawk standby' then highlight ATC Functions->callsign and set your callsign.Then select 'ATC Functions->Fle flight plan' and do that.You need to enter your real name and home airport if this is the first time you have used SBOnce all that is done click on 'Connect' from the SB pop-up menu.If you are a new SB user there are a number of fields need filling in on the next window. Make sure you have the latest list of servers, the one that ships with SB is out of date, the latest list is available on the main Vatsim web site or you can get them from ServerInfo (details below)If you are using Roger Wilco make sure you tick the 'Use Roger Wilco Voice' box. The click OK and you are connected.To get the latest server list from ServerInfo, run Si and hit the Vatsim button to load Vatsim dataClick on File->Export IPaddr.txt and save the file to your SB folder. Do this before all the preceding otherwise you will have to go through the proces again.Sorry for the long post but hope it gets you on line, and apologies for any typos :-)