Sign in to follow this  
Ejiro

Squakbox and Roger Wilco on VATSIM

Hello All, I've noticed some irregular occurrences with the voice program Roger Wilco on the last two online flights I made.The first one happened when I was being handed over from TWR to APP; bothe of these ATC positions were equipped with RW voice, and I made the frequency switch by double clicking on the APP frequency in the "ATC Directory" window of Squakbox. I got the normal message that the voice was switching to the new channel, but to my surprise, it did not. I repeated this a few times, to no avail. I finally got it to change by task switching to the RW window on the desktop, and leaving the TWR channel in RW.Then when I use the ATC directory window to re-join APP, it worked.Next anomaly happened after DEP had handed me to CTR. I succesfully made the switch, even on RW, but after a short while I noticed that the radio feel silent. So I went back to the RW window, only to find that I was the only one on the channel! I left the channel, went back into Squakbox ATC directory, and re-selected the same CTR postion. The voice channel was then restored, but the CTR guy was a bit angry with me because I had not responded to the instructions he issued :-( .Does anyone please know where the problem may lie, or has any one had a similar experience?Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the first issue, just make sure you have checked the Use RW box on the SB Connect screen.The second does happen, no fault of yours. Every now and then RW loses it's brains and closes a room, then plops you into a room by yourself. I haven't found a good way to monitor that other that what you mentioned, radio gets too quiet and you go look or you get a text message asking if you hear the ATC.A new voice client is in the works with promises for much superior performance; we're all holding our breathe for it as RW falls further behind the curve of today's requirements. It was revolutionary in its day.Kyle

Thanks for the reply Kyle!Well good to hear that something new is on the way. I have just landed at EDDM from EHAM, and I am happy to say that none of these issues happened tonight.Thank once again, and best regards