Sign in to follow this  
Guest Overkill200082

Roger Wilco

Guest Overkill200082

Ok, I have roger wilco, host sb, fsuipc, squawkbox, and everything is fine...connects good. I can't talk to anyone. I tried every net at ATL(Atlanta airport), and no one was there. this was at 0945 central time. Was it just that no controllers were there, or am I doing something wrong? I canceled the flight plan and logged off so as not to bog down the system. This is really frustrating, because it took me 3 days just to get connected. I am very good with comp's, but this is my first time, and I'm having a lot of problems. Can someone please help me here. Thank You.

Dunno about your problem But...Scrap RW!! It's not a good program to use on VATSIM now that we have AVC. Download at www.vatsim.net/voice/avcCheers,

First off you should be using AVC and not RW these days.You can only talk to ATC if they are there and you have tuned to their channel.Once fully connected to SB right click in SB to bring up the pop-up menu, from there select ATC Directory and have a look who is in that list.If you are at KATL then you need to look for a KATL controller, either KATL_GND, _TWR, _DEL or _CTR.I assume you have read all that's available in the Pilot Resource Centre, it is there to help all new pilots on VATSIM.

Guest dweese

Yup AVC is the way to go, most likely what happened to you is, the version of RW you have is the newest version Mk14 or something like that, it will not work on Vatsim's voice servers. You need Mk13, but like we said get AVC, you'll have to download a new version on the weekend as the current version runs out on Friday.