Sign in to follow this  
Minos

Connecting 2 joysticks in FS04

Hi,I am planning to build a home made General aviation plane cockpit. In fact it is a DR-400 Robin. Since I do not have a huge amount of money available, I am planning to use several USB joysticks to have different axis and buttons. Two joysticks with 11 buttons each... Therefore I believe I wilml have 6 proportional axis and 22 available switches.So my question is: Is it possible to connect several joysticks in FS2004 and assuming that they are exactly the same and to attribute different assignements for each of them. Example:- assign for button Number 1 on Joystick 1 "brake" and button number 1 on joystick 2 "spoiler"-assign gaz axis on Joystick 1 to "mixture" and gaz axis on Number 2 to "rudder" Greetings Minos

Actually, I've been kicking that idea around with a bit of a twist. There is a company called Saitek that makes USB joysticks that are programmable and have an onboard eeprom(memory chip). I have a Saitek X-45 Hotas right now. It has six analog axis and a whole wack of buttons. I figure I should be able to hack it with some work. Also, you can apparently have more than one installed at a time. So if you know of anyone with a spare X-45 that's looking for a new home...ChuckCYXU

Guest stevelep

Yes you canPersonnaly I'm using 3 joysticks, one for the real stickone for throttle and speedbrakesand one for rudder and trimThey are all USB and appear in the menu parameteryou can assign every axis of every stick to an axe of the gameand you can assigne separately each button to a different commandin the same menu.It's easier if the sticks are from the same firm but it's not obligatory.BOB

No problem with multiple controllers.For straight buttons, look for the cheapest controller with the most number of buttons - a gamepad may be more suitable for example, and cheaper.