Sign in to follow this  
Guest perchas

Madrid 11M

I feel lowered by the disaster in my city, I feel not to be able to go with my panels to meeting of Lelystad in Holland, my mood me does not allow it.Lenguage Espa

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I feel lowered by the disaster in my city, I feel not to be>able to go with my panels to meeting of Lelystad in Holland,>my mood me does not allow it.Hi Rafael!I was shocked too to read and hear about it (a co-worker lives in Madrid and he told it firsthand). Moments like this always make you feel that whatever you try to say is just empty words, but I wish you and other people in Spain everything good, it's a very sad time there.Offtopic, but life doesnt always follow topics..Tuomas

My thoughts are with you Rafael. My brothers wife is from Madrid, and her father lives only a few blocks from Atocha, so she has been in great distreess all day too.As far as changing your plans though, let me just make a comment if I may? When we allow the actions of terrorists to influence our actions, we are handing them a victory. In my humble opinion, we should say "UP YOURS!" to those who want to see us sitting at home heartbroken and afraid, and go on with whatever we were going to do. By doing so we are saying to them "You will NOT win here! You may have killed some of us, but the rest of us will NOT bow down!"Richard

My prayers and condolences go out to all of Spain and especially the people of Madrid. Spain has learned, as the USA did, terrorists know no boulders or innocents.I agree with Richard in that to retreat and give up is to all them to win. Spain will recover and be strengthen by this act of terror and murder. All of us must recognize that in the eyes of a terrorist there are only two people, those to think like me and, the enemy. We, the honest freedom loving people of the world must stand together and fight back. Otherwise, they will win.JohnFormer Vietnam Pilot

Well Richard ... I think that if you are hurt by this act, you got all right to cancel a few of your plans. For sure I can imagine that if something like this happens in your town or city you feel troubeled enough to feel like not doing to much for a couple of days. For sure you must not stop living for a long period but I would sertainly understand Rafael if he doesn't feel like going to the NL meeting. (not saying that you, Richard don't understand him, not at all)I haven't heard to much 'bout the situation in Spain (cuz at my dorm: no tv, no newspaper .. so if i don't go looking for it on the net, i know nothing off stuff going on in the world)Off cours my thoughts are with the families left behind and with the people still in hospital. Last night I was at a cantus (which is a meeting with a student club where we normally drink lots of beer and sing student-songs) and it was very touchy to see that at the end in the so called "quiet part" we dedicated a song to those people involved. Much respect even on such occasions and relatively far away. It was very much a good thing to do I think.Eiter way, how cruel a terrorist attac might be, I strongly believe that we should always think 'bout the WHY of those peoples protest. Not why they kill people with terrorism. That is just plain wrong! But why is it that those people feel the need to use such drastic and un-human measures to protest.I strongly believe that people will never kill terrorism & terrorist organisations by just capturing the leaders. And maybe that's just movies but the attitude of "we never negotiate with terrorists" is also very wrong I think.Either way, right now is not the time to think of this yet. It's to soon. First lets all .. (i'd say pray, but i'm sorry, i'm not that religious) .. lets all think of those people and realise that life is pressious. Lets support those who are left behind and those hospitalised in any way we possibly can. And lets live life now. If you had a fight with someone you love, don't wait to make it up or to say you're sorry or to say you love him/her cuz sadly enough it might just be to late before you know it. Don't let that happen to you!

Rafael estamos contigo al 100% es una pena lo que ha sucedido el Mundo lo lamenta...Roberto Soriano

Rafael, it is certainly understandably of how how you feel. When 9/11 hit us, my family, I and friends were devastated and it forever changed our lives, same as you are now. Most of all we were angry, angry at the people that caused this. As like Richard suggests, with our anger we fought back, we fought back by continuing our lives.Rafael, whether you decide to go to the Holland meeting or not, is up to you, but I encourage you to continue on with your life.These days will always be a dark history for Spain. My heart goes out to you and your family and all the people of Spain.

The whole community of cockpit builders are with you in these dark moments of tragedy. (opencockpits's people especially) Todo la communidad de los constructores de cockpit son con nustros amigos de espana (especialemente la gente de opencockpit) in este triste momientos de barbaria.BOBJuntos por paz y contra la violencia

Rafael,Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your country.God Bless,Danny

Rafael,As others have touched on, you must not let these people that have no decency or morals mar your own life or stand in the way of your plans. You should (must!) continue to live your life as you would've had this not happened - otherwise "they" have won.I know that it's easy for me so say this - living in San Jose, CA, USA, and not in Spain (or NYC in 2001) - but I strongly feel that if we possibly can, we have to move beyond these acts to stay sane and true to a good quality of life.Regards,Dave Blevinshttp://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/h...ster_banner.jpg