Sign in to follow this  
Guest lillomur

FSBUS Radio settings

Hi all: I've got a little problem when I try to adjust the integer value of COM and NAV radios: the fractional part reset to zero value, even if I select the "Integer" option in the rotary configuration. In fact, it doesn't matter if this option is selected or not, because its behaviour is always the same. I'd like to know if someone has noticed the same problem, because I'm not sure if this is a general bug or just something wrong in my system.RegardsOscar Lillo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It was a known problem i didn't try it yet with the latest version.The fractional part change ok, without this affect the integer. When changing the integer the fractional digits are changing to zeros.You can send an email to Dirk about it.Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

I can confirm that it's a software bug. Now, I don't know if it's FSBUS or FS2004...Meaning...I'm using 2 rotary encoders for each frequency. One for the Mhz (step in FSBUS 1000, Integer only checked), and one for the Khz (step in FSBUS 25, nothing checked).When I run FSBUS alone with the hardware I can change the Mhz value alone, say from 118.45 to 119.45 without loosing the decimal freq.BUT, when running FS, when I try the same thing the decimals are reset, 118.45 results to 119.00.So, only FSBUS running : 118.45 > 119.45 possible.FSBUS + FS running 118.45 > 119.00 (wrong).I don't know if the bug is in FSBUS or FSUIPC or FS itself! If it's FSBUS, I'm sure Dirk will nail it down. If it's FSUIPC then Peter may be able to fix it. But if it's MSFS... we can do nothing about it.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Interestingly Jari (jmi) said his radios work correctly. I am seeing the same problem myself too.//Tuomas

It must be something to do with your configuration. I have all radios working correctly.If you want I can see my files to see how it's done.

>It must be something to do with your configuration. I have>all radios working correctly.>>If you want I can see my files to see how it's done.Sure. Please post screenshot of the rotary settings and your configuration file?//Tuomas

Yes Rafa indeed, it would be very interesting to know how your radios have been configured.Tonight I've been looking for alternative solutions: I've tried to configure two single switches and connect a rotary to them , sending each switch a keystroke to the FS in order to increase or decrease Mhz, and it works fine, but the problem is that the FSBUS display resets always to the Min value of 108000.Finally, I've created two rotary objets and I've connected the physical rotary in the way showed below.The problem is that it uses four entries, but by the moment is a solution, although it's not very smart.Thanks to all for your answers.Oscar Lillohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/71772.jpg

Yea, I had them as key events, but I dont bother anymore - it works anyway, and I just need to tune first the whole MHz and then the fractional part.Interested in finding a solution though, but basically the stuff works reasonably well. It is more a training system, less a replica of a real aircraft :)//Tuomas

Hello,Sorry for taking so long, but I've been away for a couple days.Here's a picture of my setupFSBUS.jpgThe line on FSIF.INI this device refers to is the following one:3, "Standby", 124, 3, 0x311e, I16, 0,RW+, 10,1,1,Pretty standard, really.With this spec, the radios work perfectly. This is the rotary assigned to the Khz of NAV1. The only difference on the rotary that takes care of the Mhz part of Nav1 is the Step (1000).Oh, and it may be a factor mentioning that I've got'em assigned in the same CID, but DIFFERENT RIDs. This might be the key to get it workin'.Cheers.

Disregard my last message,I had it working before. I installed the latest version, and now my Khz go to Zero everytime I turn the Mhz knob...Arrrgh!!!!!I uninstalled last version, and went back to 2.0.8 and it is still doing the same.Anyone with the same problem?

Hi..Just tested this.For some reason 2.0.8 is working perfectly. 2.2 is not. With same config. They are installed same time in different directoris. That is only difference.Don't know reason for this.- J

It's very strange. I tried all the previous versions and the problem was always there, even with the 2.0.8 one. I forgot to say that I'm still using FS2002, and maybe this behaviour could be different with FS2004.Rafa, try to remove all the entries in the Windows registry related with FSBUs before installing 2.0.8 version, because sometimes I've seen that the path to find de .ini files don't change, and it's possible that 2.0.8 version was estill using the .ini files of 2.2.0, in the case you haven't uninstalled it.Oscar Lillo.

Well,I've using FS2004 all along. I'm definitely gonna try to remove al traces of FSBUS from the registry. And we'll see ehat the results are then.This stuff is driving me crazy. And I still can't connect more than 3 Key controllers without getting a performance drop.

I confirm I'm experiencing the same problem with both version 2.0.8 and 2.2bye

HelloHas someone solved the problem in the menatime? BTW 2 years later!!I have the following setup:FSBus Classic COM + KEYFSBus Router 2.4.2.FS2004FSUIPC 3.5.3.Rotrary Encoder: Knitterbut the fractional part of COM is still jumping to 00 (zero) when changing the incremental part.Additional to this problem I found out that the full range of frequencies for COM (118.000 - 136.999) can't be tuned with FSBUS + FS2004 running. If FSBUS runs alone, it seems ok by looking at the values indicated in FSBUS-Router.Very, very annoying the whole story.

No :-(Last 2 years, only a few things changed in Fsbus :-(Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

I agree,I think we must sent some kind of email to Dirk to see what he is thinking about the FSBUS future. I have sent a 3-4 of them but never have a complete answer about (e.g. Project Magenta Blank Displays, or if FSBUS can read and write on separete offsets, 359 --> 000 problem etc). Latest version 2.4.2 released 3 months after 2.4.1 has only a couple o minor improvements. FSBUS has some serious problems that Dirk must take care of ASAP.Themis

Well, true speaking. A few weeks ago I was happy with FSBus, but now since I am digging deeper and deeper, more and more problems arise. Not very promising and also support is almost not existant.Well, there is a new version called FSBus NG (new generation). At least there these problems "SHOULD" be solved but I don't have confirmation about that. Anyone with FSBus NG here?BTW: I am already considering to change to IO-Cards from http://www.opencockpits.com.

Fsbus NG is only the new hardware PCBs and it has the same software to work.Many people went to Opencockpits solution. Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Dirk is always hiding in the back of the word "freeware".Here is the answer that I received when I posted an email to him telling how much "sloooow" is the development of the FSBUS and the problems that it has:"fsbus is freeware and will be and any effort depends on my freetime. If you are not able to writeyour own router, which is possible with my docs, you will have to wait until i am ready."After that IOCards is the only way.Themis

>Dirk is always hiding in the back of the word "freeware".>Here is the answer that I received when I posted an email to>him telling how much "sloooow" is the development of the FSBUS>and the problems that it has:Well, even if the answer does not feel very good when you struggle with a problem, what he said is very true.Dirk is one guy, working on his own home cockpit. He just wanted to share his design and interface solution with others who might be interested in it. He also has a daytime job which keeps him busy, and the copious free time we all have so much, it needs to be divided between family, the sim and the software development.How else should he answer?//Tuomas

Tuomas,the freeware Fsbus status is well known from the 1st day i started my cockpit based on it. So i cannot expect from Dirk to offer a proffesional support as may software companies do and i cannot ask for new versions with specific improovements.But, as the time saw to all of us, the Fsbus the last 2 years is a stopped project and Dirk for all these reasons you are saying (job, family etc) does not have the time even to reply to emails for support, problems, new features. I don't know if you have another point of view and you are satisfied 100%, or you have a better support, but we don't.No hard feelings, but that's the truth. Opencockpits made many many steps in front, than Fsbus and they are many people there !!Maybe Fsbus could be an open source program, as another solution.best regardsEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Tuomas,I completely agree with you and also understand Dirk's position.His project, his free time, his program.Dirk's problem is the softwareHis electronics design and implementation are very well done and the modular design is more flexible than the iocards approach.What is lacking is software update and most of all fixes for current bugs.Of course he will do it for himself, and we surely appreciate and thank Dirk for sharing this project with us, we have expressed that many times. But once a project is made public, you have to expect that the other builders will need support. And mostly software support.Why should one re-invent the wheel while the software is there but has some small bugs?What I have already suggested to Dirk, and I hope more will do the same, is to release the router software as open source OR simply give the source code as download to anyone who wants to improve it for their own use.That way he can follow his own pace, AND benefit from other's ideas and implementations.Am I wrong?George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

I agree with all of you. But in FSBUS (and all the similar projects)there is a difference. Although you have it freeware as a software, you begin to invest money on and we are not talking about 50 or 100 Euros, but maybe 500 or 1000+So when you release that kind of cockpit solution public you say: "I have a system software + hardware to make your homecockpit, that is freeware." So far so good. The software IS FREEWARE but the hadware IS PAYWARE! Until you make the electronics you don't have a chance to test it, if it good, if it has bugs, problems, and so on. This is the point. It's not an addon aircraft, You tested it you like it you fly it, No? Delete.Themis

Dear ReadersI reported that with FSBus the COM Frequencies were slightly limited (118.00 - 135.xx). But with the new version of FSBus Router 2.4.3. downloadable at www.fsbus.de this problem is solved and the COM frequencies can now go from 118.00 - 136.xx.Other corrections might follow, looking forward to that. Especially the one where the kHz are jump to zero when tuning the MHz. But I can live with that for the time being.Other improvements in 2.4.3. (as published on www.fsbus.de)1. The maximum number of fsbus objects was incremented from 1024 to 2048.2. Position of decimal point is now software defined, when using the ATMEL based display controllers.3. Special add on for rotaries if controlling transponders. Right turn can increase display by 1 and left turncan increase display by 10. You need to set the Multiply property to: "1,-10" or "100,-1000".4. New checkbox "xpndr(BCD)" for displays. Only digits from 0-7 are displayed.--> Good job Dirk, appreciate it.