Sign in to follow this  
FS4

Idea to speed up flight sim

Is there a way to run Flight Sim 2004 on multiple computers and a single monitor? For example, have 1 computer process the panel views and the other only for the outside views to speed it up? This would help a lot until the P4 5 Gz machines come out!!! Thanks.

Guest PoRrEkE

not at allbest thing you can do is use 5 computers and 5 monitors ...the thing you have in mind is multi-processor system. you can find motherboards with 2 CPU's on them. however this would not help for FS at all cuz FS is not programmed to take advantage of this. rendering programs like some CAD's etc do that, but not FS.

This is true, to an extent. What CAN be done, is setting what's called an Affinity Mask on multiple CPU systems. This is where you can tell the O/S to run on CPU #0, while MSFS runs on CPU #1.I haven't tried this myself, but I heard it's a significant boost in performance.

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest allistah

I wonder how well this will do for all the PM gauges and stuff. That would be great to run all your gauges off one PC. Get like a 2.8GHz system and this card.. I wonder how well it will work. Anyone have any comments?

Guest allistah

Hm, I just read on the ProjectMagenta site that Matrox cards aren't very good for their software. Probably because Matrox doesn't do OGL very well.. :-(

Guest Dodiano

That card has OPEN GL acceleration.Roberto

Guest jpcxcf

Hi, i've got one G200mms and I use it ti display the PFD/ND and EICAS using 2 monitors for now and it works great!I'm not using Progect magenta but FeelThere CRJ gauges or the Reality XP Jetline 4 and I can tell you that even on a XP2600 the gauges run great!Best regards,PedroHere's my lates pics from my sim :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74771.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74772.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74774.jpg

Guest Dodiano

Dude that

Guest allistah

Well hell... Then that just might be a good choice for those of us that don't want to use 2-6 P3-500 computers to run the "other" displays. One decent system with that card could do it all. I'll look up some prices for that card and post back. kk thx. :-)

Guest allistah

Looks like you can get these cards on Ebay for around $108-$150ish. Sounds like a great way to go. :-)-Allistah

Guest Dodiano

Yupe price is not that bad it will beat having to buy 2 or 3 computers.Roberto

Guest jpcxcf

I bought mine on ebay for 100 bucks.I'll try to test it with the PM demos and see it goes ok.I'm using this G200 with a Parhelia for the front view, and the result is great.You just have to see a ILS approach at night breaking through the clouds and see the runway in sight... ;)Best regards,Pedro

Guest Dodiano

Pedro what a real beauty of a cockpit you have man!! Very simple yet very well made and you only using one computer!! Amazing please keep us updated!Roberto

Guest jpcxcf

Gracias!!!Just finished the FCP, that the Autopilot in CRJLand :) , only need to wire it up to FSBUS to get it running. This hobby is real nice.Your 767 is coming along pretty good also :) .Best regards,Pedro