Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

Ask for advice for ebay deal

Here are the emails we wrote to each other.< edited - we don't allow emails to be published on this forum - nor obscene languauge >

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ALkit, I apologize about this horrible situation you are facing. Sometimes it's hard to trust e-bay sellers. However I am glad you got your money back instead of losing it all. Hope there is a solution for you. So I was wondering if you have ever visted SIMSPARE at http://www.777project.cjb.net/ before? You can trust on it, its a great site created by Robert Prather.If you just browse around and looking for the part you wanted you will probablly find one you are looking for.Good Luck

its www.simspares.com I apologize Sorry about that

hello Arthur,You are right. Robert is absolutely a good seller! I did buy some nice plates from me. And will buy something else soon too.Alkit

Alkit,I had the same problem two years ago. I bought an HSI in the States and I was despaired after 5 weeks. I did not use the refund policie of Paypal because I must say that my seller did not behaves himself as badly as yours. He was really concerned and made researches in its country.It takes finally 8 Weeks from the Stes to France by airmail. Your parcel is probably somewhere explored by some paranoid custom agents convinced that they put their hands on a new kind of terrorist weapon.Alkit, believe me, I am not joking, It is was happend to my parcel. It was an F16 HSI, military, you imagine. For the custom agent I probably was the head of an international weapons traficking organisation.You will get it. Make some search at the custom of your country.I really believe that your parcel is still there. BestRoger

Just to let you know that, when shipped from US with USPS (US Parcel Service, the US post), it can take up to 3 months (max deadline) to arrive in France. Even if airmail was contracted ! However, One month is a good average.Probably that from Canada to HK it may be the same.I guess you'll reicv your package well, and will pay back Tim at this moment, and everything should end up okay.And if you don't reicv it, what's wrong ? You got ur payback, after all !

He he, i'm too in some similar situations.I have expeditions from japan and usa to italy which are takeing far too long.Luckily the amount is a lot lower!

Hello Roger,Military HSI!!! This can be a problem to many countries.My parcel is a MCP747, i would consider it is a computer. May be oneside's custom think it can control UAV or missile!!From now on, I decide not to reply the seller. It wont help the problem. I filed it to ebay for complaining the email he sent me with threatening words. Hope they will take care of this case.Are you building a F16 cockpit?Alkit

It's one of the problems with buying through the internet. Sounds like this guy is cashing in on what he sees as some sort opportunity to scam some poor sucker. I had the same problem (not eBay, private sale) the seller seemed legit and kept assuring me that 'it was all OK and you should get it soon, and it was dispatched last week and you should get it by...' Luckily it was paid for with a credit card, so on the 59th day I cancelled the payment, got my money back. A year later I'm still waiting for my original purchase and no word from the guy.There are plenty of reputable dealers out there with proven track records and good reputations, so although it might take a bit longer to find what you want, you will get it and feel assured again.Please dont let this put you off, like any thing there are some (your expletive here)out there, but on the whole most are genuine and want to help, at least that what I've found anyways. :-cool ZK-SHBIf it isn't Boeing, I'm not going.http://www.737simbuilders.com/

>>Are you building a F16 cockpit?>Alkit,Not at all. I first started a Dassault Falcon 50 business Jet cockpit. I had some real parts. That plane uses a 4 x 5 Inches HSI also found in F15 - F16 fighter.When I started my generic turboprop panel I sold everything to a fellow german cockpit builder (very skilled in adapting analog gauges) who continues the Falcon 50 projects. I recently got some pictures and his cockpit looks pretty good.BestRoger

This is what I told him and promise to him. The result is lot of foul language emails.From the beginning to this moment, I do believe he sent the parcel. I found no reason for not protecting myself to refund the item when not getting it in a normal delivery period (he first told me by air parcel, now he said by surface parcel)This 744 builder make me really sick.

Falcon 50!!! You should be the only one in the world build this cockpit! Extremely rare. Any photo can share with us?Alkit

Alkit, I'm sorry to see your frustration, and actually I also understand the frustration of Tim Henry. Obviously there is a lack of communication from the both of you.I've bought items from Tim and received them in a timely manner, and you will receive your item.I've also had bad experiences with buying/selling items on the INTERNET. So I do understand your concern.Honestly, I think if you would of told Tim your concerns and your plan of the refund and why (the 30 day PayPal guaranty), he would of understood. You could of then also offered to resend the amount owed, after you're refund has been approved and have another 30 day guaranty.I think you jumped the gun here, Alkit. I hate to see this kind of stuff here. I hope this thread will end!

Hi Alkit, I think you played it safe by getting a refund. Honestly, you never know. And what you paid is a substantial amount. The seller is probably very upset that he is not getting his money right away, but look at it this way, you aren't getting your item right away either. In future purchases, I would arrange with the seller to provide photocopied postal documents, especially customs forms that describe the item, or any other document that can reassure you the item was actually sent.

Three things:1. Some of you would rather find reason to be angry, at anyone then try to help resolve the problem. a. I don't know the whole story, and I've only seen what has been posted. Personally, I think it is a problem of communication between the both of them.2. The ones that are attacking other people, for what ever reason they can find. Has never ordered SIM parts, PAID IN ADVANCE and had to wait more then 6 weeks before it is even shipped. Which is not uncommon within the realm our Hobby.3. COOL IT FOLKS and take your anger somewhere else. This is supposed to be a constructive and helpful forum, to build Flight Simulators. Anything else serves no purpose and is irrelevant!

Correction: Rather then "resolve the problem" should be "diffuse the situation"

well said Roberto, Matt, Ricardo,Thanks you guys for the advice.This is what I want from the seller. I have told me my promise and situation many times. his replies are just.... not helping the case but try to get it worse. He blame everything on me but not to the post office which responsible for the delivery. I myself not even able see the unit. I must pay him when I get his parcel. This is all i can do to him at this very moment.I am wondering, if i need to buy something expesnive in future. What should i do for avoiding the same "incident". I really don't want to make this happy hobby as an unhappy one.I really hope the parcel will arrive to me as soon as possible and resolve this matter. Get my head into the MCP and forget all the bad memory!Alkit

A similar experience happened to me using Air Mail. In my case I was the seller. It was very frustrating for both parties. Regardless, we kept our cool and resolved the issue amicably. Both parties need to work at it and trust each other, which isn't always easy to do.The obvious advice to anyone buying or selling something as expensive as an MCP through the internet is to use a shipping service with online tracking despite the much higher cost.-Leo

Hold up a second first off I have a AAA+++ selling and buying history. I am very respected by members in many forums. I have done business personally with several members that use this forum as has been stated...AND NEVER EVER RIPPED ANYONE OFF! I told this individual I would send the item in whatever manner he chose I told him he would have to pay for it, he paid me 50. that only covered ground, I have the receipt right here Canada custom # CL 019454547CA this info was given to him along with all recept info for ship. This guy bugged me relentlessly by email...I was informed by Canada post this would take approx 6-8 weeks even by air about 4-6 now that said this item was almost 1000 he paid 450 total in 1 month he ######ed to paypal I ripped him,off he got all his money back minus 26.00 paypal took. He will still get the MCP whether hell send me the money or not who knows, prob not. And yes this is Tim Henry.

NO MORE RESPONSES NECESSARY HERE!! ALKIT WHEN YOU GET IT SEND ME MY $$$ AND MAKE SURE YOU DO!And all 450 not 422. cause I got nothing and paid 50.00 out of my pocket for your precious cargo.

I agree Leo,The he should have paid more for shipping and didn't want to. That was his choice and ended up my problem

ZK maybe you shouldnt assume that everyones a thief. If I was a thief do ya think I'd have a AAA++++ record with Ebay and other members of this forum. Don't assume you'll make and #### out of U and ME! Try to look at it like this, would you send a virtually brand new 747 400 MCP panel fully operational to some guy in Hong Kong that promised to pay you and pay $50.00 shipping out of your pocketto ship it to him?. YES OR NO ask yourself that, well thats what I ended up doing, and now I have no idea if this guy gets it or not or if he'll pay me.. Now remember Im the one out almost $700 bucks so stop crying for him!If I was a thief then why would I leave his money in my pay pal acct and not transfer it to another personal account huh? ask yourself that.

Heh, the facts that I get out of this "conversation" is that Alkit is a nice respectful guy, caught in a difficult situation not knowing if he was ripped off. He pulled the plug on the deal when he thought he was.And you, Tim, are just making a jerk out of your self. If you are so respected on other forums, how come your manner is so bad here? You aren't impressing me as a repectful and trustworthy seller.If you resolve this in a calm manner i think you have a better chance of getting your money. At least I would consider NOT paying you after recieving serious threats from you. Not a very good way of ensuring your income going around threatening people.Advice:Tim: CHILL! Solve this in a conversation of what the best thing is to do now. Not like an angry 8-year old.Alkit: Wait for the goods to arrive, the pay the jerk.Cheers!Olle Ramsberg