Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Anchorage CTR/APP problems, not happy :(

This little screw up by an Instructor and Senior Student on VATSIM who were controlling withing the Anchorage ARTCC cost me about 45 minutes to and hour and 300+ miles added onto my 225nm flight from Kodiak PADQ to Anchorage PANC. See the wonderful graphic below....Just added a screen of the plane I flew, gotten from www.ALLIEDFSGROUP.com--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

Anyone up for a flight in Anchorage?--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

Paul, You are the PIC and in control of the aircraft, NOT the controller. If you think he has done you wrong, say so. Tell him where you think he went wrong and what you want done to get it fixed. You are up there flying the plane, not him. Remember: Pilot error, pilot dies; controller error, pilot dies. Bob

I agree with Bob.This was as much your fault as it was theirs.120 miles ? Somewhere along the line, you gotta say something to ATC.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I gotta agree with these other guys. As a realworld 757-767 pilot (Delta) you have to assure that you are not forgotten. Even highly experienced real world controllers will forget you every now and then. Its important to have a grasp of whats going on and how things work to know this stuff. Very often controllers have a good reason for doing what they are doing. Every now and then it helps to just come up and ask what they are doing. In this case a simple query...like how long on this heading, or whats the vector for, will get you an explanation or a quick heading change to get you back to where you need to be. Like the others said your the one driving..that controller is down in a dark hole, the only thing he cares about is how many aircraft he can get on final in the shortest interval, safely. Don't let em do this too you!!! Be polite and courteous and you'll also get good service.Hornit