Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Mike Powell's Book

I fussed at someone for posting what I though was a commercial just the other day. I will now violate my own statement and do the same.Mike Powell has been a real friend to this community and has helped most of us from one time to another with ideas and suggestions. As an electrical engineer and genuine old-timer (meaning he remembers when the Boeing 747 was the latest and greatest), he has the knowledge and experience to develop and build workable simulator solutions. He has just published his new book on simulator instrument building, Building Simulated Aircraft Instrumentation.I am a big believer in supporting our own. Based on the information offered on his web site I think this book with become a seminal resource for pit builders. If you are interested in building aircraft instruments and you can come with a loose $40 bucks or so, I think it might be money well spent.FYI: I have nothing to do with Mike

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest MikePowell

Thank you for those kind words, John. I very much appreciate it.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Thanks John,Very well said.Also thanks for the imfo about availability.Had been waiting for some imfo,completely slipped my mind not to go and keep an eye on mikes Web site.Thanks Mike,have ordered and look forward to a good read and some DIY.Les

Guest MattOlieman

I just got Mikes book in the mail today.HOW IMPRESSIVE!!!!I'm not a technical person, and I've been fascinated with the idea of building my own sim instruments. Honestly though, it scared me:) Mike has helped me with several electronic issues regarding my project. Every time I've requested his technical expertise, he's always come back with a down to earth, my level of understanding, instructions. I have to admit, I haven't read the whole book, BUT, what I HAVE read is exactly what I expected. Easy reading and easy to understand, excellent instructions.Mike THANK YOU for putting this fabulous book together for us Sim Builders.

Guest petrsn

Thanks for the superb effort Mike. I just received a copy as well ,I should have requested a signed copy though :)Tom Peterson

Guest twabi2

Where can I get this book? And is it available as PDF?

You can order it from Mike's site.www.mikesflightdeck.comJohn

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset