Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reddog

Grumman J2F-6 Duck - Post Release Report

Guest Heather 636

Thank you Garry,You are forgiven. ;)At least in your email you were polite.Oh, and thank you for the kudos. You put out some pretty nice stuff yourself!I believe I have the FFB problem narrowed down and will be working on eradicating that next.Before I do another aircraft, which I will build from the ground up, I need to learn how to work in GMAX. In the meantime, after I get a patch out for this Duck, I'm going to relax for awhile and get some flying in.Cheers!Heather

Thanks Heather,I am pleased that you have accepted my regrets Flying!! now that's an interesting concept. The only flying I seem to get last only for minutes as I check my textures - spend so much time outside looking at the texture that I end up running into something hard, mostly the ground :DHave some fun and I look forward to your first GMAX - maybe I can shine her up for you.RegardsGarry J. Smith at http://www.gjsmith.comAircraft Texture Tinkererhttp://www.gjsmith.com/images/GJS-banner.gif

Hey Garry...I did the same thing and I had to send Heather an apology too! (DIDN'T RTFM!) That was my once a week, foot in mouth, head up as.... well, you know! LOL! The only complaint I have now is the Duck isn't in Gmax, huh? Man....shiney metal and silver painted fabric! Look good in reflective finish! You could do a job on that one! I keep seeing all these new planes in chrome finishes. You can't do that anymore. More and more of the planes are composite and fiberglass. But the Duck was metal and cloth. Ewwwww! :)Don :)

Woah, Heather, you're going to do a plane from scratch? Very cool! There are more and more tutorials on Gmax. If you need any links, let me know.

I also agree. The brakes worked very well for me. Being an R/C and full scale flyer, I know the diffences between landing trike v tail. I actually prefer taildraggers. More "finess" required. Let the aircraft slow down on it's own, dance on the rudder pedals, and only use the brakes for turning at slow speed. You don't "have" to turn at the first taxiway from the runway.Don

GarryI have also gotten many Beeauuutifuull textures from your site. Really enjoy the P-51 and C-47 textures. Hopping you finishup more on the P-51 noseart sets, especially the reflective versions, as well as ones for the C-47, and others.Are you going to do any for the Duck? Heather's two Star Spangled schemes would be beautiful if they were reflective.

Yah, would really love to see that Staggerwing you mentioned.