Sign in to follow this  
Themis

New FSBUS ver 2.4.1

Searching the FSBUS site I found that a new version is available...--------------------------------------------------------fixes and improvements 2.4.11. new datatype S8 (signed 8bit) in fsif.ini to support glideslope and localizer needle.2. the 2 different interfaces (fsuipc or fdsconnect) are now configurable in setup dialog. Automatic scanning of an available interface is no longer done. The default interface is FSUIPC.3. the missing BCD switch is now available in the new IO controller. A bcd switch needs 4 pins of the key connection blocks. I recommend using 0,1,2,3 or 4,5,6,7 on each of the 8 blocks. With FSADMIN, you must define the keynumber and keytype. The new type "BCD" needs to be set on the first of the 4 keynumbers, this switch is connected to. If you turn the bcd switch, you may see the numbers 0-15 in the diagnostic list box. In router, the bcd switch is defined as a "Digital Input Switch". If you set DownValue and UpValue both to zero, the value send by the controller (0-15) is the resulting object value. --------------------------------------------------------

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

As we can see Dirk is working again on Fsbus project last months. This is good for us, we already have our systems based on Fsbus.Btw, i didn't read anything for blank V/S and SPEED windows in MCP. Does anyone, managed to make work them?ThanksEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

>Btw, i didn't read anything for blank V/S and SPEED windows in>MCP. Does anyone, managed to make work them?>Use a relay on the common cathode line? :)//Tuomas

Tuomasyes, this could be a solution, but Dirk managed in previous version to make ths 7-segments to turn-off when battery is off and this works.Also in previous version's readme file says that the display will blank when input is -10000, but htis does not work.I downloaded the last version 2.4.1 hoping that this issue was fixed, but i did not manage to make it work.So, i will be easier to make it within the fsbus s/w than to make a relay, right?Thanks anyway, i was a good idea, in a differnet approach :-)Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Hi,>Btw, i didn't read anything for blank V/S and SPEED windows in>MCP. Does anyone, managed to make work them?Just for information (no offence): in Opencockpit's SIOC this can be done quite easily in software. On my web site you may download my SIOC config file in which you can find examples of blanking windows or displaying dashes "-------" for a parked ILS. I have also fully programmed Cold and Dark Cockpit support and Lights Tests for my approximately 80 leds, 48 7-segment displays and 2 lcd displays of my Level-D home cockpit.Nicowww.nicokaan.nl1704.png

Nico,i understand what you mean and i admire your cockpit, your efforts and your offer.But, you can also undersstand that we already have made a cockpit system (MCP+Dual EFIS+Radios) based on Fsbus project and it is not easy (really not) to change it to another one. All the PCBs, connections and logic is based on FsBus.So you try to find a way to improove the system. Thanks anyway..... !!Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Hi Eddie,Yes I know. In the commercial world one would say that you're locked in ;-)But no, just kidding, I'm sure Dirk will find a solution, you have to be patient. I have met him a few times during events in the Netherlands, he's a fine man.But on the other hand, I would say that replacing your hardware should not take that much time. (You have to have the money of course). Reinventing and writing the software takes considerably more time. That's what I meant with my SIOC code, it can be re-used freely and is a good base for any jet cockpit.But let's not hope that there will be just one home cockpit electronics system at the end of the day, competition is a good thing. Nicowww.nicokaan.nl1704.png

Guest Robid

Hi Guys,I've just downloaded the all in one zip file on Dirks site.It says it contains, actually, here's a copy and paste:FSBUS software, firmware, pcb layout, schematics and docs are now available in one download file [english]It only contains the software and no pcbs, schematics and docs.Anyone else find the same?David

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

It's all in there.The docs can be found in c:program filesFSBUSDoc folder and are in PDF format.The schematics are in the PDFs and also in the folder c:program filesFSBUSSchematicsThe PCBs are given in Sprint Layout format (.lay) and need a special free viewer in order to be opened, viewed and printed.The PCB files are situated in the c:program filesFSBUSLayout folder.Also, the firmware files are in the [/i]c:program filesFSBUSFirmware[/i] folder.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest jan737

Does anybody know how to open the *.spl files in the schematic map?Is there a special program needed for that?And also I couldn't find the hex files for the Attiny2313 CC & CA display.Best regardsJan Geurtsen

>Tuomas>>>yes, this could be a solution, but Dirk managed in previous>version to make ths 7-segments to turn-off when battery is off>and this works.>Also in previous version's readme file says that the display>will blank when input is -10000, but htis does not work.>>I downloaded the last version 2.4.1 hoping that this issue was>fixed, but i did not manage to make it work.Did you re-flash the new firmware to your display cards too? AFAIK this changed, since it needs the code in the display module to work as well.//Tuomas

>Just for information (no offence): in Opencockpit's SIOC this>can be done quite easily in software. On my web site you may>download my SIOC config file in which you can find examples of>blanking windows or displaying dashes "-------" for a parked>ILS. Yep. FSBUS supposedly does exactly the same. Blank, "-----" and " std ".>I have also fully programmed Cold and Dark Cockpit support and>Lights Tests for my approximately 80 leds, 48 7-segment>displays and 2 lcd displays of my Level-D home cockpit.The functionality is the same - fsbus has the graphical equivalent of SIOC which is quite nice. http://tigert.com/aviation/vatsim/cockpit-...f/fsbus-ccc.jpgThere are some bugs in ccc that Dirk has fixed lately, but since iocards or fsbus software is not open source, there is not much we as users can do about to fix them. Then again, our community is small, so I am not sure how much contributions there would be (and we are most busy building anyway)//Tuomas

Guest Robid

Thanks George,Will look a bit harder next time.RegardsDavid

Guest bowingic

Has anyone found any bugs with the new version 2.41?I'm running classic boards only and having some problems. My problems may be compatibility ones with other software as I'm running FSCONV and LDS767. However I'm having no problems with FSbus ver 2.02 with the same setup.Just wondering if anyone else is having any problems and does anyone know if the firmware for the classic boards has remained unchanged in the new version.Any info appreciated

>Has anyone found any bugs with the new version 2.41?>I'm running classic boards only and having some problems. My>problems may be compatibility ones with other software as I'm>running FSCONV and LDS767. However I'm having no problems with>FSbus ver 2.02 with the same setup.>Just wondering if anyone else is having any problems and does>anyone know if the firmware for the classic boards has>remained unchanged in the new version.>Any info appreciatedWhat kind of problems do you have?There were some bugs in the CCC system in the previous version at least, I havent tried the last one yet.It's good to list them here so 1) dirk can know and 2) we can track down what bugs there are, and if there are ways to work around them.//Tuomas