Sign in to follow this  
acmech

My home cockpit

Here is a shot of the erj135 home sim cockpit I designed and built.All controls are from go flight. The CDU is from engravity.The chair is from walmart called Rocker gamer.Three 19inch lcds on top and two 15 inch lcd for display.The yoke was made from wood . I gutted out a ch products sim yoke to make mine.Two omputers run everything.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168807.jpg

Guest washburn_it

Nice setup, well done !Regards,Bob

Guest Jaycosims

Nice work. When I built my cockpit, I had a hard time with getting the right sized seat! Yours works perfectly. Good Job. What are your machine specs for the computer running the monitors?Jason

Thanks guys for the comments!Jason,As for my sytem specs.The main fs2004 display computer:intel 6600 dual core 2.4ghz overclocked to 3.2ghzEVGA 7950 1024mb pci expressEVGA 680i motherboardOCZ OCZ2G11002GK 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-8800 Gold Dual Channel Memory two 40 gig western digital raptor hard drivesantec 550watt power supply(2)4 port usb hubsProject Magenta software running computer specs:intel penn4 3.0ghznvidia 6800 256mb pci express1024 mbs of ddr40080 gig hard drive

That is an awesome cockpit! Very well done.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

OMG!!!! I LOVE THE CHAIR!!!!I was an associate in the Electronics department of my walmart here in deland, FL and couldn't find much to use. Now i'm the department manager of our funiture department and you just opened up my eyes to a whole new concept of design...I LOVE that chair. kudos and happy flying.PS. the cockpit looks great and very flyable. I can only imagine how far from that stage I am.