Sign in to follow this  
gregger

Dash-8 Problem during landing - Help!

Hello Gang!After reading the documentation and the forums, I've been able to get the Dash-8 off the ground and I've been able to get over some of the initial issues reported, however, there are some problems I am still encountering and I need help. Here they are:1. The Autopilot Heading, Alt, and IAS buttons do not light up and you do not know if they are engaged or not. Anyone noticed this?2. 9 out of 10 times my engines will quit upon landing or bringing the power to idle just before touchdown. I can hear a nasty noise and the "bang" - there they go!3. Taxiing this beast is not easy! I have a CH USB yoke with the imbedded throttle and props and such and as soon as you touch the throttle, that thing is all over the place and you have to slam on the brakes to tame it - yikes! I read the post below where some folks complained about the taxi issue, but none of the possible solutions given address my problem - I tried them.Any help is appreciated!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi Dennis,I too have the same question about the auto-pilot, and the A/P annunciator. I'm not sure I ever get the A/P engaged, as no lights or annunciations appear.Bruce.

>1. The Autopilot Heading, Alt, and IAS buttons do not light >up and you do not know if they are engaged or not. Anyone >noticed this? No, the buttons do not light, but there is a little display just above the altimeter that does display the AP condition....mind you, I still haven't fully worked it out yet, but the visual indication is there!I have a major issue with the AP not playing nicely with FSNav. It simply blocks all efforts, since the AP is interfacing to the sim via FSUIPC, rather than using the ordinary FS k_event commands. While this does provide a much greater degree of sophistication in emulating actual AP performance, rendering one of the most popular add-ons in the history of FS useless is a major disappointment! :(

Guest mberg

Is there any way to read the switch labels--I am guessing at what switches I turn on except the few mentioned in the doc file?

From what I have read in the forum the engies quit because you did not set the ingnition switches to 'manual' on approach.Mike