Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Please help with Dash 8 test flight and A/P

Are you removing the throttle lock as explained in the tutorial flight?Have you increased props to max, again explained in the tutorial?Those are the only two things I can of that would prevent you getting any torque although I am far away from being an expert on this plane :-)I have had a couple of attempts, one reasonable successful and a few disasters :'( I must say that the new throttle logic makes taxiing a lot easier, the Dash 8 no longer takes off like a startled gazelle and is now controlable.Last night's attempt ended in disaster when the A/P would not hold speed or altitude, pilot error I'm sure.IMHO the only way to test fly this a/c is by frequent use of the pause button. Reading that first section of the tutorial gives the impression of having all the time in the world to carry out the settings but if you try it real time you quickly find that you are well past the 2.5 DME point for the first turn.HTH

I would add one more question :Are you using Dash-8 release 1.001 or 1.002 ?Oleksiy.

oleksiy................using 1.002.........i tried another startup this morning following the sample flight instructions to the letter(having access to the panel pictures a great help).........and yet again i get the engines running.........all locks released......advance the throttle on my joystick(the sliders on the panel move up as we would expect) but all engine values remain at stabilised startup values.........my joystick is set up in fsuipc to have an idle, maximum and reverse setting as per page 3 of the joystick tab, and works fine with all other planes i have in my hangar........alan d kerr

Hi Oleksiy,I live in Brisbane..hint,hint. :-)Seriously though, I've noticed something with v1.002 of your panel which I didn't think was there before. The gauges for the left engine prop rpm and torque (I think) don't sync with the right engine qauges. I've only noticed it while in climb and cruise. The left prop rpm gauge sits at 1200 and doesn't move with changes in the prop lever whereas the right engine gauges do move and appear to show the correct values. It doesn't seem to affect the handling of the aircraft so I'd guess that it's just the gauge not being updated.Any clues on this strange effect?RegardsAdrian

Hi ! Propeller sychrophaser may cause this effect. try to fly without one.I"ll check when come back from AU.Oleksiy.

> Actually awralls was right about turning APR on when >interception course to localizer is already established. >Then, the autopilot will be in active HDG HOLD and armed APR >mode, and you will no longer need to restore HDG SEL mode. >>Are you living in Brisbane ? >i will be there for next 2 weeks visiting a friend of mine, >so we could meet and i can show you how to fly this thing >properly :) >>regards >Oleksiy. >>>OleksiyI would enjoy meeting you and show you around . I live half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.My email is bazza1@ihug.com.auBarry

>Hi ! > Propeller sychrophaser may cause this effect. try to fly >without one. >>I"ll check when come back from AU. >>Oleksiy. I never had the syncrophaser on when I noticed this but out of interest once I switched it on to see what would happen. Everything shot up to maximum, where the left gauge was stuck at, and things got out of control. I've since left syncrophaser off and not worried about the gauge display and everything appears to work fine.No rush to look into this, enjoy your visit here. It's the best time to visit, weather-wise, in my opinion.Adrian