Sign in to follow this  

Full screen Menu Bar

I reinstalled fs2002 and now cannot get a menu bar in full screen mode. My prior installation allowed me to hit the ALT key and the menu bar popped up. Now nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

While in Full Screen, try adjusting your monitor's vertical adjustment to see if the menu bar is not above the viewable area of your CRT.Are you using two different screen resolutions, Windowed mode and full screen mode. The windowed mode is controlled by right clicking on you desktop, selecting properties, selecting the setting tab. Check the windowed resolution, e.g. 1024X768X32. Start fs2002, select settings, display button, hardware tab, check the full screen resolution, e.g., 1280X768X16.Set your full screen resolution to the windowed resolution and see if your menu bar is available. Next try setting your windowed resolution to a higher setting and see if the normal window desktop fits your CRT. You may need to adjust your monitor controls. Lastly, set your full screen resolution to the new windowed resolution and check for the menu bar.

Hi Craig,I have a GeForce 4 MX440 and after installing the Windows XP SP1, I DID LOSE the top menu bar while in Full Screen mode.. Is their a fix for this that you may be aware of?Timo

Guest jase439

You must disable FSAA in the driver in order to see your menu again with XP SP1 :(Or you can do what many others are doing, and just roll back the service pack.

Yes, have GeForce Ti4200, Athlon 2100+, 512 mem, Audigy sound. I checked on the AGP accelleration and it's shaded out, tried the windowed v. full screen bit - nothing. Saw a post saying disable "FSAA in drivers", do fully understand this.Thanks again folks

AHA!! FSAA = Flight Sim Anti-Aliasing, I turned it off, Menu bar now appears in full screen mode.hfrench

Not that it helps in your current situation, as you've already found the solution, but it may be useful in other games or situations to know that FSAA means "Full Screen Anti Aliasing" as far as I know.Jesse

Hmm looks like I found something that might be a fix or a temporary fix and I had posted this on another thread so have posted it here.Ok heres what I found out.If in the antialising settings of the Nvidia graphics card display settings you have it set to:Allow applications to control the antialiasing mode, then I had the following problems....Black boxes appearing when selecting menus and setting view options the screen would split into two and show split screens of your plane etc and the menu bar not appearing. Antialising was ticked on in the display menu of FS2002 also.So then I did the following. I chose in the Driver settings for the Nvidia card in the antialiasing tab Manually select the antialising option and set it to whatever setting you want. 2x, 4x, Quincux etc or to no antialiasing. Anyway the next time I ran FS2002 I didnt have those problems with the screens so please try it and see if it works as it seems to have done the trick for me. So you can still have anti aliasing with FS2002 but you just have to get it doing a different method.Craig Kiltie

I had the same problem....no access to the menu etc...but when I set my anti-alaizing to the maximum -using RIVATUNA for NVIDIA cards...I now have the max anti-alaizing effect and I have access to my menus and everything else.Can't figure why it works..but it does.Its still needs attention by Microsoft...but this is a temp fix.