Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FIX for YeoDesigns 737-200 Force Feedback over speed

The problem with force feedback and YeoDesigns 737-200 appears to be in the air file.People that have a force feedback joystick have described this problem in many different ways. "People stating that if they have a MS Force feedback joystick they find themselves in an uncontrollable situation if an upper wind gust pushes the plane past mach .80 or around 510 knots at 32,000 feet (or close to the aircraft's speed limit at any given altitude, you don't even have to quite reach it to get into trouble)""I have a force feed back joystick, and around 320 knots, it starts to shake, indicating an over stress situation and a few seconds later the plane breaks up"Fix: Go to:http://www.yeodesigns.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...;num=1032808423This fixed it for me, hope it fixes for you.......Cheers

Go to the spot view and watch the Horizontal Stabilizer. Press you "7" on the number pad, then press the "1" on your number pad. How far did the Horizontal Stabilizer move before and after you did the changes in the air file?

All I know is I tried these changes and my problems were solved. I have to give "FlytheSpitfire" much credit on his work here because Yeodesigns didn't have an answer for this one. Thanks again. Yeo should post this as an official fix on their website.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

To answer my own question, it didn't do anything to the movement of the horizontal stabilizer. As you may have noted in the screen shot of the AirEd program, the items needing change are not positively known aerodynamic values:*Horiz Stab.a?*Horiz Stab.b?If anyone knows more about these particular entries, please let everyone know.Here are a couple of other changes you can make to the *.air file and aircraft.cfg file:*.air file:337 Spoiler Auto Deploy Available = True (1)This will allow you to set your spoilers to deploy upon touchdown with the Shift-/ Key.Aircraft.cfg:&l;contact_points&r;static_pitch= -2.62static_cg_height= 7.36These changes will keep the aircraft from falling upon initial selection and when you select the slew function.The contact points section is very strange, since it has dual settings for each gear. I wonder what fs2002 uses for it information. Guess I will have to dig a little deeper to try and figure out why two sets of numbers.

Not sure what exactly these values do, however people with force feedback joysticks have problems (Like me). The plane becomes uncontrollable and then is over stressed way before VMO. After many hours, by changing these two values to equal the same values that were used in Yeo's 737-200 Version 1, which by the way are the same as the default B737-400, I could now once again enjoy this aircraft to its fullest.Cheers....

Thanks again to the both of you. This 737 is now complete...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Not sure what exactly these values do, however people with >force feedback joysticks have problems (Like me). The plane >becomes uncontrollable and then is over stressed way before >VMO. After many hours, by changing these two values to >equal the same values that were used in Yeo's 737-200 >Version 1, which by the way are the same as the default >B737-400, I could now once again enjoy this aircraft to its >fullest. Hmm, no one knows what the H.stab a/b parameters in REC 320 do, other than larger AC have lower values. Maybe they are related to FFB or stablility. I'll be experimenting with some of my AIR files.Ron