Sign in to follow this  
Guest Miro Majcen

LOMAC

Guest adria320

Holy s**t :-eek I want that :-bigangel

Guest dali

if you wish high-res (1600x1200) of the same shots, just copy the link and delete s after the file name (so lomac1 and lomac4)

Well, I wonder how much the number after the 'FS' (FSxxxx) must have been risen that we get that kind of awesome haze/lighting in FS. Now seeing this, FS looks even a tad cartoonish compared to that. But still a great sim, coz I am not really into the military stuff. *:-*Thanks for posting.

Guest dali

well, you can always just fly it around ;)this is something I often do in IL-2 Forgotten Battles and LOMAC...

Guest Flyingdutchman

:-eek :-eekAnd that is a sim :-eek man I must be dreaming :-hahGood to see that Combat sims are getting better and better.I can still remember those days I played Retaliator for hours and hours :D:-waveEvert------------------------------Visit the Holland Aviation Siteand learn more about aviation in Holland!!! :Dhttp://fly.to/hollandaviationsiteLast update 4/8/03New section about the 5th SPL runway added!!!!!------------------------------

Guest Paul_W

>Assuming the LOMAC lives up to its potential, we had all>better support it, or we won't have future combat sims to>support.>TonyI really have to agree with that: it's taken so long to develop, and is done with such care and attention, I hope everyone who likes to take to the skies via their PC WILL buy it. Personally I'm not even that interested in the combat aspects--I just want to fly in the best simulated environment available, and it looks like LOMAC will definitely be the one. I just hope they add a flyable helicopter, because I'd really like to experience some slow low-level action in this one.

Guest Air_Nuno

God! Now I stayed very :-eek I even confused a bit with real pics. That's one h*ll of sim! :D I just have to put my hands on it...one day :(Regards

Guest dali

fog, rain,sunset, haze and overcast clouds are far better in LOMAC than in FS2004, you can belive me that...You will see for yourself in my preview..Dali

Hi, "fog, rain,sunset, haze and overcast clouds are far better in LOMAC than in FS2004"The overcast that's I saw in lomac is always purple color, not really realistic. Either the clouds in lomac.Concerning fs2004 fog, rain,sunset, haze and overcast clouds it is full customizible my freind, expect WAY much better result! In real life sunset sky color, do not have always the same color, fs2004 have this ability to handle this, not lomac, always the same color, same thing for the overcast clouds purple and the weather, they use flat sheet. There is difference about true accuracy and good.You may show the repetitive ground texture, the blur texture, that's I saw in beta, will be good for non hyping.Not sure about these closed structure in those sim like IL2 etc.RegardsChris

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest David Slavens

Chris mine you this is still a beta not final release. But the clouds and the weather is truly amazing in LOMAC. Show me a picture of a cloud in FS2004 with a silver lining. I just posted a pic of just that.

Hi David, "Show me a picture of a cloud in FS2004 with a silver lining."I have not seen anything from amazing on clouds and weather, they did not came close to fs2004 default, specialy not the weather engine.In lomac you will see few clouds here and here type. Nothing about a true weather system, even the rain, I have seen in the video, nothing new."Show me a picture of a cloud in FS2004 with a silver lining"The linghtning on the clouds is wrong, I can point you many things that's a wrong, the ground texture are not accurate, farm texture looks old and repetitive, greenisch texture all over LOMAC. they may look good but not accurate from the real world, water looks good, same color in the entire sim, not acurate. Do not expect any real worlds clouds type CB/type and formation that's change with condition, sky color that's change day by day, forget about this in lomac. There is near 60 clouds type in fs2004, I can add anything, tornado, microburst without hacking the sim and all the environment.If you use lomac sim as a WOW, you will be happy, but do not expect accurate things from real to this sim, nothing real, most are all fictious implementation.Fs2004 default shots never to be seen in LOMAC lack of weather and variation, unlimited variation in fs2004http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/29094.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/29095.jpgThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Paul_W

Well Chris, this sounds a bit like you have your sim, and I have mine, and my sim is much better, etc., etc....And to each their own sim and may they get the greatest enjoyment from it and so forth, but since you've decided to be so vocal in your critiques I'd just like to point out why I'm so intrigued by LOMAC. I frequently like to fly at low-level: In the current FS at low-level--and there's no noticeable difference in low-level characteristics from FS 2002 that I can see--there are no realistic roads, the water leaves much to be desired, mountainous textures are represented by a stretched, splotchy and not-particularly-rocky sort of appearance, hilly areas are represented by dark splotchy stuff, urban buildings are very unreal in appearance, autogen houses and structures are not very convincing up close, and frequently sink into a non-solid looking sort of computer gel, and so on....On the other hand what I see in LOMAC down low looks real--terrain, water, buildings and even ships and tanks. And as many have commented, there is an incredible sense of speed and realism to be experienced when flying a jet down low in LOMAC. Now, these are my observations and are not intended to be a criticism of FS: That program is an ongoing development, and in my view they haven't focused on the low-level aspects yet. Perhaps next time around they will. But in the meantime our Russian friends will have delivered a whole new level of realism down low--and in other areas too actually--so they are well ahead in the development of a realistic simulated experience of flight from my point of view.I'm not interested in flying airliners or in air traffic control or in taking real flying lessons at this point: If I was FS would be a great tool. I do want a realistic world to fly in though, and LOMAC should be the first to provide that based on what I've seen so far.(By the way, I notice a couple of screenshots that weren't in your post when I started. As I said the other day, LOMAC's cumulus could certainly use some improvement, but the new FS clouds are also incomplete in my view. They lack sharpness and the bright white tops one would expect with the sun shining on them, and certain combinations of colors in many shots I've seen aren't that realistic. I think they're a good first step towards a realistic atmosphere, and if they finish them in the next version they could be spectacular.)

The memories of LB2 brings tears to my eyes!/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Miro Majcen

guys, let's not turn this thread into who has what and who doesn't. I am sure both sims have their good and bad points. The fact is we need to wait untill we see LOMAC released and then we can compare. MiroMiro MajcenSenior Managing EditorAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com