Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Delta 737-200

This is John Murchisons fine little 737. Its not the most detailed model, but it has the shape correct and its great on framerates. Im not real thrilled with other 737's out there right now. There seems to be something really weird with the Yeodesigns one, just cant put my finger on it right now. Painted this one up in...you guessed it!, my favorite colors :) Im going to post this one and a United old colors version shortly. This aircraft and a few others along with some fine Air New Zealand repaints are available at http://www.arnz.cjb.net/ Also some really nice scenery there too!Hornithttp://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/737.jpg

I think that what you're noticing is that the Yeodesigns V2 is slightly tall, as opposed as sitting down low like the real 737-200 does. But the Yeodesigns V2 is fanatastic otherwise. I fly it all the time and I use Ariane's new analog cockpit with it. A great combo! I like Jon Murchison's 737 a lot, but I hate the miserable VC cockpit. It ruins the possibility of putting a great panel with interior views on it. You can do it, but you have to move the viewpoint forward a lot.Your repaint looks great.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I have a bunch of other problems with the Yeodesigns aircraft too. Its nose is too big and the wrong shape. The engines dont sit right on the wings and the shape of the nacelles is off a good bit. It flies fine but Im one who spends a lot of time "outside" so I like a model to be more accurate i guess. I agree about the cockpit issue though. By the way, how do you move the viewpoint to fix that problem? I have it with a few others too.hornit

In the aircraft.cfg file, you will find the following line (this one's from the default 737-400)[Views]eyepoint=43.7, -1.31, 3.55 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumYou can experiment, by changing the first number going slightly higher like say 45.7 etc. This will move you forward along the fuselage. Do it a bit at a time until you find yourself just barely in front of the VC cockpit. I just cancel the original line and add a new one below it so that I can always return to the original if I have to, like this:[Views]//eyepoint=43.7, -1.31, 3.55 eyepoint=45.7, -1.31, 3.55 Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

O.K. guys we can't sit here and complain about others work unless their charging money for it. Since the Yeodesign model is free and it's a wonderful model at that unlike some others that some of us stupidly paid for (Fly the MAD DOG), we can't talk. Just make another model and be happy with that. I got slammed before because I talked about Mike Stone's 727 which I think visually is way off. But hey it's free and he did a wonderful job on his 757. Again I see no one is saying any word about the wonderful new 727 that Real Flight just put out (would love to see that one in FedEx colors). I thought I would have heard some kind of praise or slams by now... I'm sure some others will get on this post and tell you to keep your views to yourself or post them on Yeodesign's forum. So be careful what you say and who you say it about....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Its an open forum and everyone is entitled to thier opinion. Your entitled to yours and me to mine. No malice is intended in any way. Why do folks have so much angst about someones opinion? All I did was to state why I like this particular model better. I didnt say the Yeodesigns model sucks..it doesn't. I just said I thought it had some shape flaws. I will continue to voice my opinion when I like and I should think others will voice thiers. Its possible to do this and not get upset about it.Hornit

I could not agree with you more, but you should have seen how people laid into me when I stated the same fact. Apparently no one has seen this post and therefore you don't have anything to worry about. I just thought I'd let you know based on my experience.Take Care...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks, I was also involved in a heated thread concerning one of Mike Stone's wonderful aircraft. I hear ya!Hornit